slack hardtail recommendations? 650 or 29er

Re:

Been off road for a few miles on the whyte. Gave me a massive grin.

Can't ride for a few days until my knee comes down to normal size but looking at a few on Monday hopefully.

Re:

Yep. Agree with that.

Surprising when you look into it, like I am, quite how few mainstream brands push anything like the whyte 900 series. The only others are saracen zens and orange crush really. The focus ut seems on others are still mile munching cross country machines (rockhopper and the likes). Standard 69/70 heading and 22.5" top tube. Same as It ever was really.

Which is against nearly all the small scale producers like cotic etc building bikes more relaxed but equally as good as all day rides

I love my Stanton.

I know its a 26er, but it's a bloody hoot to ride and nicer than the BFe that it replaced. It feels much more alive. In fact today was the first time that I've ridden the Rune. All my recent rides have been on the Stanton.

Yeah do like the look of them (explosif)

Sat on a stache 8 at the weekend, out of budge but mighty fine.

Hard to get past the value of the parkwood at the moment (£999 with sektor air forks and a reverb seatpost), although seen the Kona taro for £899 in wiggle which also looks nice. The whyte 901 is nice, ridden the 905 and the same frame, but that's another £200 more expensive at £1199.

Decisions decisions....

Was also tempted to build up a ragley bigwig as CRC has the frame on sale for £249 (less 3% from topcashback) but build costs coming in at about £900 on a rough spec f deore..

Mindmap3":2hl1a0s1 said:
I love my Stanton.

I know its a 26er, but it's a bloody hoot to ride and nicer than the BFe that it replaced. It feels much more alive. In fact today was the first time that I've ridden the Rune. All my recent rides have been on the Stanton.

I lvoe 26" but cant see my buying one when the options for future upgrades look smaller by the year. Lovely bike though.

Back