Show us your Voodoo

My '96 Hoodoo. Most fun bike I've ridden, I love this thing.

Attachments

• IMG-3364.jpg
    IMG-3364.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG-3339.jpg
    IMG-3339.jpg
    895 KB · Views: 29
Just been out on an urban Autumnal on my Voodoo Bizango 🍂 🍁
Thought another Voodoo fan out there might like to see it 💁🏻‍♂️
Any ideas for which year it might be?
It’s metallic aubergine, 853. Usual Ritchey drops outs. I’ve never seen another like it.
I bought it in 2004 from a mechanic who had it built up from the frame.
Early Halfords era perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_5970.jpeg
    IMG_5970.jpeg
    790.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5971.jpeg
    IMG_5971.jpeg
    413.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5972.jpeg
    IMG_5972.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5967.jpeg
    IMG_5967.jpeg
    752.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5968.jpeg
    IMG_5968.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5969.jpeg
    IMG_5969.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5966.jpeg
    IMG_5966.jpeg
    991 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5965.jpeg
    IMG_5965.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 33
Got this as a frame a few months back as trades from a friend. Finally sorting out the parts for it and only part I had to buy was the rear wheel which has the wrong rim so checking with a couple of the guys I trade with to see if they may have it. Full XTR M95X build due to it maybe being a last year model. Saddle, fork and wheelset are placeholders until I find stuff that work with the colors.

Attachments

• 20231111_084638.jpg
    20231111_084638.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 18
Just been out on an urban Autumnal on my Voodoo Bizango 🍂 🍁
Thought another Voodoo fan out there might like to see it 💁🏻‍♂️
Any ideas for which year it might be?
It’s metallic aubergine, 853. Usual Ritchey drops outs. I’ve never seen another like it.
I bought it in 2004 from a mechanic who had it built up from the frame.
Early Halfords era perhaps?
I think a 2000 model.

I've just noticed that some of the Bizango frames on here have a braze-on on the back of the seat tube for a top pull mech - Robrouleaux's bike on p1 for instance. Others don't. Like mine. Everything else looks the same. Does anyone know more? I read that the frames were originally welded up in Japan then moved.
(from I worked at VooDoo for a few months in early 1997. The ‘96 Bizango frames were the nice ones produced by Toyo of Japan. A little heavier than claimed, but absolutely straight out of the box with perfectly brazed joints for the cantilever studs, cable stops and stay bridges. The next year, all the hardtails save for the D’jab were made at Altitude Cycles in Chico, California. Quality was…uneven.

Did the braze ons change then? If so which is which? Or did they simply do both as the mood took them? Any Voodoo gurus out there know more about Bizango and Voodoo history?

I just picked up a 1996/7? Bizango. Paint has held up well. Needs better parts

Attachments

• IMG_5891.png
    IMG_5891.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I've just noticed that some of the Bizango frames on here have a braze-on on the back of the seat tube for a top pull mech - Robrouleaux's bike on p1 for instance. Others don't. Like mine. Everything else looks the same. Does anyone know more? I read that the frames were originally welded up in Japan then moved.
(from I worked at VooDoo for a few months in early 1997. The ‘96 Bizango frames were the nice ones produced by Toyo of Japan. A little heavier than claimed, but absolutely straight out of the box with perfectly brazed joints for the cantilever studs, cable stops and stay bridges. The next year, all the hardtails save for the D’jab were made at Altitude Cycles in Chico, California. Quality was…uneven.

Did the braze ons change then? If so which is which? Or did they simply do both as the mood took them? Any Voodoo gurus out there know more about Bizango and Voodoo history?

It seems the 1996 Bizango had the down tube stop. In the 1997 catalogue, the stop has moved to the seat tube .. although the frame looks otherwise identical

Back