My '92 Kona HeiHei - possibly one of the first in the UK back in the day.

1980sMTB

Dirt Disciple
A few years ago I bought this interesting old HeiHei (was imported for a well known UK MTB journo, and used to appear a lot in the mags.) and is a real survivor showing how good these early ti. bikes were, not a mark today still.

deep cleaned and refitted with correct '92 period decals, and correct early P2 fork (for non-suspension geometry) and its one of my favourite Ti bikes of its time.
It has been restored more or less to the catalogue correct period group (XTII mainly) with a few nice additions such as Kona's Ti seatpost and some Joe Murray period accessories such as the bottle cage, toe clips and brake lever extensions for use with bar ends.

I thought I would share an image of the frameset.
1667472159712.png

Lovely bike, also on my “to acquire” list. I’ve yet to own a Ti framed MTB.
Yes, I've had a few Ti MTBs over the years but kept my favourite two: the above. plus this Marin with a highly polished Ti frameset with Chrome PaceRC30 (Columbus leg) mk2 forks, XTR headset, all of which which looks and rides great in real life too. Syncros Ti seat post and just a nice period M735 XT/XTR M900 mixed group on that. 1667679187641.png

Last edited:
I see you had a Fuchs, looks like a later model than mine. It’s one of the bikes I’ll never part with. Thats a great collection you had, it is a pity we can’t keep them all.

Latest posts

Back