Show us your Specialized

My near mint 1984 Stumpjumper Sport along with the 1989 Stumpjumper Team I just picked up last week for my son. all original except the seat, stem, and bars that I believe the previous owner changed out for more upright riding. I will be changing those out soon to something more correct. The previous owner had no idea what she had and tried to turn it into a cruiser. On the good side, she sold it to me for $90,

Attachments

• IMG_6710.jpeg
    IMG_6710.jpeg
    800.4 KB · Views: 24
Beautiful bike. You've got the original seat skewer that I'm missing. Looks like the same Deore LX groupset as the base Stumpy, but they exchanged the rear derailleur for an XT. I can't tell from the photo: is it a Deore LX front derailleur?
Sry for the late reply. And yes - the front mech is lx

My new bike yay 😀 Two weeks of wd40 and gt85 and no movement at all, absolutely seized solid is this seatpost. I have a good feeling about it though….View attachment 788554
Dealing with a stuck aluminum seatpost seized in a steel framed bike a few month ago, I ended up using caustic soda. It worked! There are plenty of good videos on the subject on YouTube
. I tried just about everything else before that, including reciprocating saw. No luck. The frame was an early 90x black Rockhopper, very similar to your frame. Surprisingly enough, caustic soda did not damaged the original black paint at all. Here is how the seatpost looks after it was finally removed. Hope it works for you too. 20231104_124255.jpg

Dealing with a stuck aluminum seatpost seized in a steel framed bike a few month ago, I ended up using caustic soda. It worked! There are plenty of good videos on the subject on YouTube
. I tried just about everything else before that, including reciprocating saw. No luck. The frame was an early 90x black Rockhopper, very similar to your frame. Surprisingly enough, caustic soda did not damaged the original black paint at all. Here is how the seatpost looks after it was finally removed. Hope it works for you too.View attachment 793216
I managed to snap 2 m12 threaded bars pulling on that post and it’s not moved at all. I think chemistry is the next option so thanks very much for sharing that, I’ll give that a try in a couple of weeks. 👍

Back