Show us your Specialized

As promised - here they are - the Stumpjumpers.

You'll see there's a theme going on here.
Pace Forks, Hope in abundance, USE seatposts.

The King headset on the modern bike was supposed to go on the old one - but the 2-nut kit never arrived from Aspire.... As a nod to the original plan, I put it on the new one.

The old one - Kaiser's resprayed 94 Comp - Mostly stuff I took of my MT3 when it died, but a few nods to the original Kaiser build - red seatpost, bars and wotnot. Suntour transmission except the 6400 rear mech, Hope hubs, QRs and BB, original RS1s and Pace chainrings, bars and forks.
35710_462058948081_672683081_6318092_2799311_n.jpg

The modern one - 10 years on - a 2004 Stumpjumper FSR with USE Alien, RC40s and BETD rocker giving 130mm at both ends, and most of the kit off my RC303... Hope Pro IIs, Mini Monos and M770XT transmission
35710_462058933081_672683081_6318089_7566885_n.jpg

Together....
35710_462058928081_672683081_6318088_1386931_n.jpg

allard":328wnqjy said:

I wouldn't trust that aluminium stem and the height you've set it up to (enormous leverage). I would be to frighten to get impalled on it in case it snaps under a strong pull/push !
Besides I guess it's as stiff as marshmallow.

Nice bike nevertheless ;)

The saddle is not my favorite when it comes to looks... but my lower body parts so agree with it's comfort... A Flite for example gives me dds ( dead dick syndrome).

The stem is Nitto's answer to the LD stem... It's actually rated for offroad use and being a japanese product i trust it! And yes it flexes a bit but so does the frame and fork... It makes the ride probably the best i have ever had!

I made a thread about it on this forum... but it seems that most people here don't like dropped bar mtb's. Ideally they should be old and original or one of the popular exotic bikes with lots of purple bits...

Gr. Allard

we're all individuals

allard wrote:
I made a thread about it on this forum... but it seems that most people here don't like dropped bar mtb's. Ideally they should be old and original or one of the popular exotic bikes with lots of purple bits...

Well I think its a great looking machine. I think that a bike is there to be tailored to a persons needs, whether that be a different setup or a cosmetic change because thats what the owner prefers. Each to their own.
Sometimes they need things changed from new, other times it could be perfect from new.
Mine are a mixture of both and I am not into exotica...............well, maybe I am, as I only own Stumpjumpers and a couple of Rockhoppers ;) ..............but alas I dont think thats quite what you meant.
Also not into the purple anodising type thing.
I know there are quite a few into drop bars, and there are a good number been on this forum.
If we were all the same with our tastes we would all be riding the same looking bike, and that would make BOTM very hard.
Maybe we could have a drop bar MTB BOTM?

Jamie

Back