Show us your (Marin) Boingers!

My first ever proper MTB, 98 FRS B17, got it around 1999 and only sold the frame last year!

Attachments

• Re-build11.jpg
    Re-build11.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 1,995
  • Marin B17 big.jpg
    Marin B17 big.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 1,995
Totally boingers

My East Peak - I bought this specifically for a ski bike conversion, rode it for a couple of hours out of curiosity, then turned it into this.

Valmorel+66.JPG

My Wolf Ridge - bought as just a frame to turn into this.

Marin50+small.jpg

Found this old picture of my B17 homemade/bodge.

The front end of the original bike snapped, so a small jump bike hardtail was chopped down. New pivot made and welded in. The front shock mount was from an Orange 5 running on welded on mounting plates.

It rode really well. Head angle was pretty tight, so had to run a pretty deep drop crown on the Boxxers.

1505311_729245413765027_2166867113567290956_n by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

I got it powder coated white not long after this photo and new decals fitted.

Still got the frame and tempted to do a rebuild.

cheers
Chris

Some really nice stuff here: a homemade FS frame and Benandemu's builds are incredible. A lovely Manitou type one and. Nice to see LGF being a loyalist too :LOL:

Update on the Rift Zone: it now has Bombers :D

PICT0006_zps832bosmz.jpg

Sorry about the cluttered pic.
I really like the ride with this fork. I'll be popping over to the cycling centre tomorrow, I think.
It's heavier, but the ride is terrific, so I can deal with the extra couple of pounds over the Manitou, and it's only a 99ish model so it's still period.

I picked this up today for my girlfriend - she got an ebay bargain here I think.
It's a 2003 Wolf Ridge, just over 150 and all in great condition.
I've not heard of the shock though: unitedbikeco.com is written on it but any amount of googling doesn't help. Anyone got any info on them? It's got adjustable rebound damping and seems quite nice. Creaky BB which I will fix tomorrow and it's a real hoot to ride ( well I had to test ride it before I hand it over next time I go to see her :LOL: )

Wolfie_zpsxuglhgra.jpg

You'll notice I've posted a wanted ad for one... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Any more Boingy Marins?

Mine are far from pristine original builds.

This is my 2000 Mount Vision. Bit of a mash of parts and a test bed really while i find bits that work. Home made disc caliper mounts as the proper ones are hens teeth for both this frame and forks - me taking the easy option again.
see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=325029 frame and http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=10forks

Forks are a bit tall really but nice to ride, light enough too. This is somebody elses project that I have started to make my own. They did the gold, not my cup of tea but its smart enough for now. Just needed a strip clean and lube so don't consider it a project as such. I added the forks cranks and brake mounts. Will be taking this one apart soon and doing a proper job of making this lovely.

Also have a 1999 B17 which I will be tweaking a bit soon too, build thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=322186

Attachments

• MVside.JPG
    MVside.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 1,647
  • B17side.JPG
    B17side.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 1,647
Re:

slightly worn bushes has put me off riding this at the mo, new shock on the way should help.

Attachments

• Mt Vision2.jpg
    Mt Vision2.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 1,644
Back