Show us your Eroica Ride!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I'll be riding this this year. I don't think I gona have time to change pedals and levers now so will be as is and in full Super U kit so not really 87 any way more 89.

Re:

I am taking the family however, am disappointed not to have a qualifying bike. I do have a 1992 Colnago master with c record ergo and a de rosa titanio circa 94 also with c record and down tube shifters. Shame less vintage bikes are not allowed. Going to take my modern Colnago instead and go for a ride on the Saturday and look around the jumble for parts to build up one for next year.
Looking forward to it.

I need to get a bike ready for next year... Being in Mexico and only being 31 with a 30 year old missus who thinks I've gone crazy when im riding to the shop on a pre war whitworth! sadly not going to be there. I will be there next year though with something a lot lighter and with more gears!

Re: Re:

Maraner161":20nffrvt said:
I am taking the family however, am disappointed not to have a qualifying bike. I do have a 1992 Colnago master with c record ergo and a de rosa titanio circa 94 also with c record and down tube shifters. Shame less vintage bikes are not allowed. Going to take my modern Colnago instead and go for a ride on the Saturday and look around the jumble for parts to build up one for next year.
Looking forward to it.

There will be a lot of people who aren't quite within in tben1987 guide line, whether that be bikes or clothes as long as your not blasting along on a new carbon bike and ur not doing the 100 mile ride then it seems to be ok, apart from a few "tut tuts" from other risers :)

Re:

i think we are right to "self police" the organisers have little time and i suspect little inclination to get into a confrontation with paying customers checking bikes

As I said earlier, what I think I will do is just go for a ride out on the Saturday morning on my modern bike, then hide it away before enjoying the rest of the festival. Its a Colnago EPQ PR82 Sarroni if any fellow forum users see me and want to say hello.
Karl

Re: Re:

Maraner161":3alinmwr said:
I have just read your previous reports on the L'eroica brittania and really looking forward to it.

Glad you enjoyed the reports, all 3 festivals were great fun.

I do feel they are moving away from the cycling and towards a family festival hence I'm not bothering this year.

Back