Show us your Eroica Ride!

I don't think these rules are enforced in a draconian way, I saw bar end shifter last year...

Re:

It seems like the UK Eroica team has simplified the original rules used by the Italian and the other l'Eroica events, I don't think their intention is to rule out non indexed bar end shifters, rod operated shifters or other strange ways of shifting gears. According to the rule as its stand today indexed downtube shifters is allowed, but I don't think that is the intention either. Anyhow I don't intent to go for any best in show prize.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1969 Holdsworth Pro Eroica Cal + Britannia

My Eroica ride at California and Tweed Run 2017, will be on the Britannia Eroica.

Attachments

• EroicaCal StartingRidersNo1 Apr2017 03668 TN.jpg
    EroicaCal StartingRidersNo1 Apr2017 03668 TN.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 809
  • TweedRun SettingOff1 LondonMay2017 TN.jpg
    TweedRun SettingOff1 LondonMay2017 TN.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 809
  • HoldsworthPro EroicaCal Apr2017 00269 TN.jpg
    HoldsworthPro EroicaCal Apr2017 00269 TN.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 770
  • TweedRun HoldsworthStPaulsWalker1 LondonMay2017 TN.jpg
    TweedRun HoldsworthStPaulsWalker1 LondonMay2017 TN.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 765
Out testing it today...

P6030348_zpsguq4iov8.jpg

Spokesmann":2w3y5man said:
I don't think these rules are enforced in a draconian way, I saw bar end shifter last year...

I emailed the organiser with a polite argument that the likes of aero brake levers and quick release pedals were out longgg before the L'Eroica cut-off date of 1987. He said that he would be delighted to see anything from that period and wouldn't stop anyone from riding for such transgressions! Not that they are transgressions if "pre 1987" is the requirement, etc etc, blah blah... :LOL:

I won't make it this year but will make sure that I'm there in 2018, Look pedals, C Record aero levers et al!

:D

Back