Show us your cars

perry":1nefjkid said:
The mitsi is a bit weird , like a culmination of many different cars : 4x4 chassis , part van , part estate with an evo front end .

I like the sound of the last mini . Its like what they would have done in the 60s if they had access to the technology of now but retaining their 60s style .

The mrs almost never uses her mini , it just sits outside the front of the house . At least people have stopped trying to buy it on a daily basis .

The Mitsi is basically Shogun/Pajero running gear with a 7 seats MPV body. Doubles as a Van and a Camper, so its quite a useful tool.

The blue mini I bought from new and is one of the last production run, but I will probably have to part with it after 9 fun filled years :cry:

The green one is likely to become a "b road basher" so will be pretty sparce and impractical for regular use. Going for the look of the Cooper Car Company touring race cars of the 60s.

ferrit":1lncuib4 said:
The blue mini I bought from new and is one of the last production run, but I will probably have to part with it after 9 fun filled years :cry:

The green one is likely to become a "b road basher" so will be pretty sparce and impractical for regular use. Going for the look of the Cooper Car Company touring race cars of the 60s.

You would have liked my old Mini :)

greenmini.jpg

Was bought as a standard 1972 850 but ended up with a Swifttune 1380 with twin SU's, Playmini exhaust, Cooper S discs, 5x10 Minilight's etc, interior was kept totaly standard including the vinyl seats and huge spindly steering wheel. The motor developed a fault after a short time, i pulled it all to bits, lost interest and sold the whole lot :roll:

Here's my current daily, a 94 MK3 Polo.

newwheels002.jpg

And my toy, a 1978 Capri 3.0S.

urbancapri003.jpg

jimihendrix":39mqkntd said:
Here's my current daily, a 94 MK3 Polo.
newwheels002.jpg
My first car, in 96, was a 94 VW Polo - wasn't a hot one, though, that I'm guessing yours' is (G40?) - it was a 1.0 Boulevard.

Neil":1cqj7vg0 said:
My first car, in 96, was a 94 VW Polo - wasn't a hot one, though, that I'm guessing yours' is (G40?) - it was a 1.0 Boulevard.

Na, i wish :LOL: , it's just a 1.0 Genesis with a 1.3 GT motor bunged in.

jimihendrix":1md8zqcv said:
ferrit":1md8zqcv said:

You would have liked my old Mini :)

greenmini.jpg

Was bought as a standard 1972 850 but ended up with a Swifttune 1380 with twin SU's, Playmini exhaust, Cooper S discs, 5x10 Minilight's etc, interior was kept totaly standard including the vinyl seats and huge spindly steering wheel. The motor developed a fault after a short time, i pulled it all to bits, lost interest and sold the whole lot :roll:

And my toy, a 1978 Capri 3.0S.

urbancapri003.jpg

Your not wrong that is a beaut', Swifttune engines are right up there with the best. What a shame.
I am sure the Capri more than makes up for it though. Not so sure about the Polo ;)

perry":2chxr37a said:
The mitsi is a bit weird , like a culmination of many different cars : 4x4 chassis , part van , part estate with an evo front end .

and a pig to work on at times! an oil change alone will mean half the armour has to come off and the plastics inside are not known for their ability to stay in one piece when you try to remove them! but they are great to drive and can scare the hell out people as you get them to drift across snow bound roundabouts :LOL:

jimihendrix":1j79r8ia said:
Neil":1j79r8ia said:
That was the MPI 1.3, wasn't it?

The wife's daily runabout has had a few tweaks since it appeared in the first couple of pages of this thread.

Subaru Legacy 2.5i 4x4
Full custom twin exit 4" stainless steel exhaust, induction kit with cold feed pipe, window tints all round plus sun strip, painted brake calipers, Impreza rear spoiler and genuine Subaru sill spoilers.

DSCN2484.jpg

Neil":321k5uqb said:
jimihendrix":321k5uqb said:
Neil":321k5uqb said:
That was the MPI 1.3, wasn't it?

Yeah, the GT was MPI with slightly hotter cam, exhaust, higher compression, had to change the engine bay wiring and the ECU but that was no hassle.
It's not exactly quick but handy enough.

Legacy's looking smart Pickle ;)

Back