show us your cars 2

All my cars have been old, but this was the only one older than me...

Attachments

• Not retro, just old.jpg
    Not retro, just old.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 2,882
Me and Mrs Piperdave on a day out last year.... :shock:

Aston.jpg

Wish :roll:

Run a Volvo V40. Gets loads of stuff in, and is very comfortable..If i want sporty, i use the bike..Honda VFR 750 :cool:

Andy R":1m8ruk65 said:

Ooo, nice, an early fifties eighty inch,( 1950-53 I would guess) complete with capstan winch and military equipment, lovely !

Not ex mil is it ?

mrkawasaki":2yndexe4 said:
FairfaxPat":2yndexe4 said:
mrkawasaki":2yndexe4 said:
Just got me a brick.... :)
My Condolences :D

I'm a family guy now, Pat... :roll: ;)
Here you go Neil, a proper family car! You could strap in a child seat in the back! :shock:

Attachments

• Corvette Family Car.jpg
    Corvette Family Car.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,685
  • 4-door Corvette.jpg
    4-door Corvette.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,685
silverclaws":1laujjvu said:
Andy R":1laujjvu said:

Ooo, nice, an early fifties eighty inch,( 1950-53 I would guess) complete with capstan winch and military equipment, lovely !

Not ex mil is it ?

1949- (the registration should have given that away ;) ) so you were only a year out and yes, ex WD :cool:.

I don't have it now though - I sold it three years ago with the intention of buying a Haflinger that I had found as a restoration project but, for one reason or another, didn't buy the Haf either, although it's still sitting in its nice dry shed so the opportunity is still there I suppose. It's all more money though, and buying it is only the start ...... :roll: .

Maybe I'm just losing my enthusiasm for scratching around in freezing cold workshops working on old vehicles. It's an age thang, man........

Ah bugger, a 1949 model and yes the plates should have given it away if I would have thought that direction, but I knew the plates these things had, mine was MMR 273, a 1955 86 inch photo further back in the thread. I sold mine in 2003 after a complete restoration, in fact the thing that taught me welding steel , tin bashing, mechanics, upholstery and various other pneumonia wagon related skills.

But the truth is though I admired the 80's, I preferred the 86's, a bit more refined and they only existed for three years before the 88's came out and stayed that way up to the ninety. Mine ended up with a rover 60 engine in it, I got more mpg with that and it warmed up quicker. What was yours, 1600 of 1997 cc ?

Oh and I actually learned to drive offroad in a 1943 Willys MB of which the 80's were sort of based.

But a Haflinger, the milk float, they are excellent, but there aren't many of them around now. My intended next project was to be an Auto Union Munga or M151 A2 Mutt but I ended up with a '77 VW camper instead and had that for ten years and lying on cold floors doing the tappets was enough for me.

VMN 49 was 1,600cc and, although I did a fair bit of work on it, it was already in pretty good shape when I bought it. I think that my favourite of the Land Rovers that I've owned was the first one that I had, which was a '59 Series 2. That had loads of money, and even more time, spent on it - on everything but the engine, which was just beautiful from when I bought it. It was the smoothest, quietest LR engine that I've ever heard, and if it wasn't for the fact that a previous owner had fitted an electronic rev. counter ( :roll: ) when you stopped at a stop sign, you would think that the engine had just cut out.
I'll have to root out a couple of photos of it and scan them to post on this thread ;) .

As far as the Haf. goes, I really don't know if I can be bothered with the amount of work (and cost) involved, although it's far from being a basket case. Another trials bike restoration (for classic trials) seems like a better option now.

Andy R":11pscnov said:

theres an airfeild a few miles away from me (ex mod) which has just sold off there fleet of these in yellow :cool: they might of been earlier then your's ?

think they went for £1500-ish each

Latest posts

Back