Show us yer FSR's

Yeah I did, have been looking for ages n didn't want to pay £120+ getting it over from US...therapy components....my mate also has one on his fsr n he did chuckle saying he'd paid £25 for his back in the day.....we be drilling the frame next week n the rear disc to sort.

The company in the US holds the patent for the design of the fitting now....so no cheaper copies it would seem....pricey for a piece of alloy but in the end I will be chuffed with the out come n done .....well till a new paint job!

Either way it's gonna b good to get out n have a good thrashing for the spring!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,898
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,898
Fair enough...it just seems mental when they were so cheap to buy. But I guess if you need it, there's not much you can do.

The are neatest solution too...I hate the old Hope torsion arm, it's a monstrosity. I hated it when they first made it, and I still hate it!

i prefer modern forks on these frames. have some Manitou double crowns, but not as plush as my Zoochie Marathons :)
they'll be going back on in the near future :)
i'll actually be splitting my FSR groupset very shortly :( (keeping the frame though!)

I do have the original judy xl double crown forks but they r spares or repairs if anyone's interested? Pm me.

Thought about double crown again but thought hey, go with something new...so close, so close......

So I took a trip last week to go ride some different trails since the weather was nice, and I just got a chance to really look over the bike and found that I had a mark from where the front derailleur was hitting the swing arm. Took off the rear shock and experimented and it seems that at full compression the front derailleur hits it. I can't position the derailleur out anymore since it would shift incorrectly, and it would have to move up too much and that would cause problems too. Anyone have any advice on the subject?

You can see the cut right under the derailleur tip

The section that most likely caused it :p

notoriously tricky to set up the front mech on these frames, i use an XT M739 top pull mech which seems to be just right - i set it up without the rear wheel attached which made it easier to access.
its a bit of a fiddle but it is possible (just).
i had issues with it clashing with the chain stay at a similar area as yours - but my frame is an elite '99, which does differ from yours, but was still a bugger to set up!

So I was reading around and some people suggested setting up the front mech taking into account the sag. So basically one could set it up higher and on the stand the chain would rub but when you sit on it then it wouldn't. Might try it if I cant find a better solution.

And yes this has to be the worst bike ever to set up a front mech, I have to hold it in the second ring position to even access the clamp bolt.

Yup, that seems to have done the trick. I feel like that's how it was suppose to be set up from the start... oh well learn from experience.

Back