Show us yer FSR's

Bullpup":9yh5ah4i said:
Hi Martin

My seat stay hasn't got the pre-drilled hole for the sharkfin!
I only wanted the seat stay as a template / to measure the exact position of the bottom hole so I can drill accurately!!

If someone could supply a photo or sketch with accurate measurements to suitable points of reference I can get my build on the go.

Many thanks

David

Does this look like the hole you need (are all FSR's the same?)

If this is a commonly required thing, i could knock out a drill template on our CNC punchs at work, make it a bit more accurate

main.php

The problem is that the bottom hole is the reference point while the top i.e. where it screws into the brake mount has room to adjust so that it aligns correctly...

my seat stay is like the one from the ebay listing (i was after it because it has the decals on it :p ) i can get a good photo and possibly some measurements for you tonight as i have it off the bike (got some new nylon bushes made that i've just fitted).

let me know/send me a PM.

That being said, i do have some spare nylon bushes (they fit into the original shock linkage) i'll post up a thread in the 'For sale/wanted 98---->' section. **they aren't for sale though - they be freebies! :)**

simonlovell99":15a49k6t said:
I just finished building a fsr gc, feels nice blasting through the woods. Just need finish the gears and poss changing forks and rear shock. Forks are marzocchi mx pro eta which feel ok but the spring does rattle over bumps and the shock is a manitou swinger 3 way air which is soft (240psi) and doesn't feel that plush over bumps, would a coil be better, with plushness and a heavier rider

would this be the frame you bought from me? would love to see some pics in any case :)

twain":2d22edsq said:
my seat stay is like the one from the ebay listing (i was after it because it has the decals on it :p ) i can get a good photo and possibly some measurements for you tonight as i have it off the bike (got some new nylon bushes made that i've just fitted).

let me know/send me a PM.

That being said, i do have some spare nylon bushes (they fit into the original shock linkage) i'll post up a thread in the 'For sale/wanted 98---->' section. **they aren't for sale though - they be freebies! :)**

Thanks for that I will send you a pm. Also very interested in the bushes please...

Here's my, a ongoing project. Waiting for reducers for the fox vanilla, did have a manitou swinger spv in there but couldn't get on with a air can. Blowing through the travel and stroke, so yet to try the fox vanilla out. Also got the gears to do, so down to the lbs sometime, I can't set them up. Apart from that pretty much completed, can't wait to tank it and hopefully the forks are better as put heat shrink wrap around the spring and changed back to 7.5wt.

Attachments

• IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,388
simonlovell99":pdltqb12 said:
Here's my, a ongoing project. Waiting for reducers for the fox vanilla, did have a manitou swinger spv in there but couldn't get on with a air can. Blowing through the travel and stroke, so yet to try the fox vanilla out. Also got the gears to do, so down to the lbs sometime, I can't set them up. Apart from that pretty much completed, can't wait to tank it and hopefully the forks are better as put heat shrink wrap around the spring and changed back to 7.5wt.

i think i may have the same issue with my rear air can - seems to use a lot of the stroke up with non-aggresive riding. i did like the ride on the coil, but have yet to try the air can out on a proper trail as i did with the coil.
i have a rock shox deluxe. no idea on the rating though, its all rubbed out. tiz a decent shock though.
and congrats on getting your FSR built up so quickly - it took me bloody ages to get it to a single speed and then i decided i didnt use it enough! :p

are you gonna get it repainted?

Latest posts

Back