Shipping from Sweden

Daverro

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I have a Brodie Sovereign that sadly is not my size so it's time to let it go. I was wondering, if somebody is interested in the UK, what is the best/cheapest way to ship it you think? I would consider taking it apart a bit for shipping if it proves worth while.

Anyone with experience around?

Hi,

Shipping it in pieces is the easiest, I guess.. Shipping a complete bike is either very expensive, or impossible. Often, people are mainly interested in frame/forks and perhaps some bits anyway.

Just out of curiosity: what size it? Might be interested ;)

Re:

Its 44 cm from what i remember so somewhere between 16" and 17". Will double check that this evening.

Hoping for more input from someone with experience shipping from Sweden... who to use, how much it might cost, how much to disassemble =)

Re:

Done it a fair few times. Go to your LBS, ask for a bike box. They will be glad to get rid of them so you won't need to pay.

Go to Postnord homepage and check the maximum dimensions, then cut your box to about 2 cm less. Think it is a 1.2m. Bars, seatpost, driveside crank, pedals, QRs and cassette off and packed in a smaller box put in the bottom of the big box. Slide in frame and forks, then both wheels. It will all fit unless you are shipping a gate to a basket ball player.

Tape and label up, deposit at a Postnord center. It will be around 1000 SEK with tracking and limited insurance cover anywhere in the EU depending on final weight rounded up to the next kg. Think the weight limit is around 25kg, but a packed bike should fall well under that unless it's Hiten and GS70 gruppo! If you want to save weight, best to ditch the tyres.

Good luck.

EDIT: Don't forget to brace the rear stays and forks, again ask at your LBS because they will have tons of plastic ones, otherwise rolled up and taped cardboard works too.

Thanks @Woz, that's a very comprehensive walk-through how to do it best! I would not have thought to minimize a bike box to fit into the Postnord max measurements. Sounds like it will work well and be reasonably smooth and cost-cutting.

Daverro":78iiw6qq said:
Thanks @Woz, that's a very comprehensive walk-through how to do it best! I would not have thought to minimize a bike box to fit into the Postnord max measurements. Sounds like it will work well and be reasonably smooth and cost-cutting.

:) Oh it will work. I've done several complete MTBs and a road bike. If it's just frame and forks your LBS may have a bike box from a kiddies bike which are perfect!

Haaland":3q97npd9 said:
Living in Norway and could be interested:)

I don't know anything about shipping from Norway, and sadly never been there although I would love to tour up the coast and see the fjords. I do have some old school Helly Hansen longjohns though.

Back