sharpies ......... decorating your frame!

Re:

Wasn't there a guy on here that let his missus do a 'Keith Haring' type deal on his Cannondale with sharpies? Looked epic, if I recall?

Re:

Nail varnish at 50p a pot before clearcoat? Can be flatted off before clearcoat. I'm sure cellulose will bring it off but acrylic lacquer should be safe.

Re: sharpies.............

Sharpies may stain whatever is underneath too and bleed into the surrounding paint/ finish a bit.

Re:

ah yes the fabled cannondale, can't believe i forgot about this, my fave at the iconoclassic too. well done

Ive dropped a pm over to him :D

RBG

Re:

Update as I forgot about the thread after getting an answer... :oops:

I am sure we all want to know so I Pm'd Swede who replied...

I used Uni Posca paint pens on the 'dale. They're waterbased and once dry you can over lacquer them with anything you like.

This is fantastic news and now will have a project after the overbury's that'll be going off for paint soon the blank canvas will be sprayed white first, then tastefully decorated by myself ...hopefully and then laquered, I have a few ideas in mind so will start a thread soon enough.

RBG

Here is my 1988 original factory sharpie decorated Wicked Fat Chance. The colours have lasted a long time with very little to no fading. It is clear coated over the decoration.

More photos here: viewtopic.php?t=205554

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 510
Back