Sh*t bikes with good parts

Bought what I though was a Kona Explosif at the time for next to nothing, full deore XT build (except for the wheels, which still had nice Deore DX hubs and like new Specialized rims). After I took appart the bike, I realized that this couldn't be an Explosif : the frame weighted more than 6 lbs and the tubes weren't oval (so no Prestige Concept)... Someone put an Explosif decal on a Hahanna / Fire Mountain frame and changed everything for higher end parts!

Still a nice frame at the end of the day.
20230729_181359.jpg

Bought this Specialized advertised as a “Strumpjumper” for what looked like Bullseye Hubs (indeed they were). The cockpit of turquoise hyperlites, Zooka stem, machine tech levers, and XT thumbies however couldn’t really be seen in the advert pics, and were in better condition than the rest of the bike.
IMG_6964.jpeg

Hubs went on my Ultimate
Rims (Campag Thorr) went on my Explosif
The majority was then sold or Karma’d to fund other builds.

Bought this Specialized advertised as a “Strumpjumper” for what looked like Bullseye Hubs (indeed they were). The cockpit of turquoise hyperlites, Zooka stem, machine tech levers, and XT thumbies however couldn’t really be seen in the advert pics, and were in better condition than the rest of the bike.
View attachment 769936

Hubs went on my Ultimate
Rims (Campag Thorr) went on my Explosif
The majority was then sold or Karma’d to fund other builds.
@Swede look at the wheels on this.

not really a shit bike, but I bought this for £70. I didn't realise it had a chris king front hub. Shamefully I went through a moment of madness and sold most of my bikes, parting this one out.

IMG_20200919_165428.jpg

Back