Wanted Set of panniers for Jack Taylor Tandem, ideally french but will consider Carradice or similar

Tommy27

Retro Guru
Looking for a full set of 4 panniers for our Jack Taylor. Ideally French, definitely with buckles rather than plastic clips.

Even better would include a small French style handlebar bag.

BQ_62_cover-600x778.jpg

tandemtrailer2.jpg

^ JT himself, with the full Super Tourist Setup

Last edited:

The tandem with the racks for reference

I will have an ask of a friend who was a tandem owner/rider for longer than I have been alive .
He may still have some.

Picking up 2 pairs of old Carridice panniers tomorrow.
Old strap style. Two sizes
Will post pics
Prices to be advised . Doing this to help a mate out who is old enough to be my pa

News flash.
They are About 60 years old my friend says! Possibly canvas? Sun bleached as well.
Will know for sure pm tomorrow.

I have panniers .My mate is in his 80's and they were his late father's.
So they a early. Possibly the kendal model. Circa late 1940's ?
The leather piping on the rear pockets is worn . All the leather straps are sound.
They have three webbing straps that join them permanently together.
No holes what so ever.
The makers label is on one bag only.
H. W.Carridice
Equipment Manufacturers.
Price is £45 + post[edited price
I realise you are after a full set .
He did have a full set of old Super "C" which he thinks he may of bined as they had worn out!!??

More pictures if needed .

NOTE MERCIAN IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SALE!!!
IMG_3006.JPG IMG_3007.JPG IMG_3008.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long Bagpuss.

Cracked a Crank on my own Mercian so have been searching for a replacement for that.

Also just about to move.

Really want a full set, since we have some late 70s/ early 80s panniers at the moment (2 small Super C and 2 large Karrrimor). But want something with a more classic look.

Someone should jump on these I hope, since they are still lovely just plenty of patina!

Back