Jack Taylor Tandem (1975)

Possibly really stupid idea or maybe need to simply order a seat post designed for this...

Captain is a little stretched and I've not enough hand clearance. What if we were the turn the seatpost round so the clamp faces forwards? Or would it just break?

@legrandefromage @Peachy! Do your likes on this indicate this is a workable solution idea then?

Or that the seatpost should only face the correct way round?

May be a totally daft idea but what about a gallows style seat post and shims.There is a post on e bay in the same design at the moment

@legrandefromage @Peachy! Do your likes on this indicate this is a workable solution idea then?

Or that the seatpost should only face the correct way round?
Erm sort of.
You can turn around a saddle clamp on a plain seat “pin” but I’m not sure the integrated seat posts you have will allow the saddle to be at the correct angle if you turn it 180

Off sick, so won't be riding this until at least the weekend, but that does give me the chance to to ask some more questions. Pump pegs seem to be 18.5" apart from beginning of spikes, so take it would need about a 19" pump since pump will compess some what? Gotta find the pump as well!

Erm sort of.
You can turn around a saddle clamp on a plain seat “pin” but I’m not sure the integrated seat posts you have will allow the saddle to be at the correct angle if you turn it 180
Tried it, pilot wasn't happy with the near 45° angle for some reason.

Well it wasn't that bad, but still... too much of an angle as you said.

Thinking of trying a bullet nose seat pin and old style clamp instead?

So, since I work near permanent earlies and missus a split shift has meant we're not getting that many rides on it, but gradually getting there with the fit.

Got an old fashioned bullet nose and clamp seatpost and we've run it the wrong way round. Problem we're still having is that if I put my hands where the hoods would me they do touch Captain's thighs. We did move her forward a tiny bit more, but issue is still there. She's an ex track sprinter so er... well, her thighs are quite powerful... hopefully I can get away with that when she browses the forum? But hand clearance is much better now.

Am looking for wider bars, but it's difficult to find something much wider than the 45cm Nitto B135 in a 25.4 clamp. Had fancied the RM3 Dirt Drops but they seem out of stock everywhere in the UK?

So, since I work near permanent earlies and missus a split shift has meant we're not getting that many rides on it, but gradually getting there with the fit.

Got an old fashioned bullet nose and clamp seatpost and we've run it the wrong way round. Problem we're still having is that if I put my hands where the hoods would me they do touch Captain's thighs. We did move her forward a tiny bit more, but issue is still there. She's an ex track sprinter so er... well, her thighs are quite powerful... hopefully I can get away with that when she browses the forum? But hand clearance is much better now.

Am looking for wider bars, but it's difficult to find something much wider than the 45cm Nitto B135 in a 25.4 clamp. Had fancied the RM3 Dirt Drops but they seem out of stock everywhere in the UK?
Calm down at the back there.

Back