Serotta Content - 1992 T Max Project DONE :)

Re: Serotta Content - 1992 T Max Project

jimi911":3bsdkmfe said:
M-Power":3bsdkmfe said:
rrrroberts":3bsdkmfe said:
If you were keen to go down the 'team' colour scheme (yellow/pink/orange) in the bottom right photo, I have a near mint one hanging from a rafter in my garage. Can take some pics and measurements for respray purposes.

This thread is making me go all misty eyed for another one of these. The U.K. distributor iirc, came into the main shop with an ex Team race bike like the pink/yellow one. It had black Grafton Speed Controllers etc on it :D I harassed him into selling it to me. There really was something special about the ride and handling of the T Max. It felt like it had zero energy loss, very stiff yet lovely to ride with amazing handling. It had a unique kinda sound when the cable and brake parts jangled against the tubes. Hard to describe but strangely reassuring and pleasant.

Yes please to more pictures.

I know a guy with a few if you ride a 52 :D

I'm leaning towards keeping it as is - as long as I can find the right touch up paint ;)

Looking like XC Pro :D

There was a black and minty green one for sale on FB recently ( was sorely tempted )...but...no more bike purchases for me. A Max Ti...drool dribble ahhhh.

A ti Max would be awesome. Not many of those around. Defiant has a very nice one.

Touch up paint sorted ... Going to keep it as is colour wise.

NOS headset in - full NOS Suntour XCPro drivetrain with a bit of bling to come.

You can get a better idea of the colour in this pic.

Re:

Coming along ...

Control Tech, XC Pro, Toplines, Amerian Classic, Hyperlites, etc.

Just need to get some xc pro levers and figure out the wheels -
black hubs/black tires
Black Hubs/Skinwalls
Or
XC Pro hubs/Skinwalls

Re:

Nice, cos the frame is dark, I would have gone for a silver Grafton bling build. I keep saying it, there is just something about these :cool:

Cool. That top tube just ticks every spot I have.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks guys. The tubing on this is so rad.

I didn't want to go to blingy with this and when I committed to the XC pro SE rears the rest of the black followed. It's built to perform more then compete for BoTM - though it's a bit pretty anyways ;)

Re:

Nice parts. Like my old one.
large_ser_small_2.jpg

Back