Seatpost slippage nightmare - Sorted, thanks!

hoping so - I think it's a route I may have done at least parts of before - but always nice to have a guide (like last Sunday!) and company of course :D

Dead right, I'd love to go (and be guided (gives me the chance to ride into the back of people :LOL: )) but i'm not feeling great :(

The Maxlight does have a 27.2mm, tried it and it fits perfectly. Perry must have been right about the size change and your advice has sorted the problem...

Big up the East Midlands crew :LOL:

And it was all sorted before the rest of the country finished their tea ;)

As a quick "try and see" wrap tin foil round once, as tin foil is 0.1mm the wrapped round once would increase the diameter by 0.2mm. if it fits better then you know to source a 27.2 post ;)

p.s. i've never actually tried the tin foil trick but worth a shot :?:

EDIT: just read last post :oops:

Easy_Rider":3l013yin said:
as tin foil is 0.1mm the wrapped round once would increase the diameter by 0.2mm. if it fits better then you know to source a 27.2 post ;)

If by tin foil you mean aluminium foil that you use in the kitchen, then it's not that thick. A coke or beer can is about 0.1mm thick though....

unocogero":woj03kzc said:
The Maxlight does have a 27.2mm, tried it and it fits perfectly. Perry must have been right about the size change and your advice has sorted the problem...
Big up the East Midlands crew :LOL:
And it was all sorted before the rest of the country finished their tea ;)
All of the Konas that I've had have been supposed to take 27.0 posts, but three of them took 27.2 very happily and I personally wouldn't fit anything smaller than the biggest comfortable fit - and I don't care what the manufacturer says.

I wouldn't bother with coke cans or super-strong clamps, either of those two options is leaving your seat tube under some level of strain. The way to protect the seat tube is to have the biggest possible post, consistent with being able to move it around reasonably easily in the tube. Sounds like you've got that with your 27.2 from the Maxlight.

I've tried the coke can route - but it never really worked - always got slippage despite tight fit.

Back