Seat post shimming - bad idea on RSP ti frame?

No, I just meant that U.S.E. made only two sizes of post and lots of shims so they must be ok?

AS previously said, so long as the shim extends past the top tube junction then you're good to go... :cool:

Torus already has a aluminium shim to make it 30.0mm :)
I have a 27.2 - 30.0mm shim in mine and it's fine, it's been subjected to some jumps and trail centres.
Might be worth seeing if you can measure the length of the factory shim.

We_are_Stevo":3bcdlaxv said:
One word...

U.S.E.

... :cool:
Thermoplastic ;)

Being plastic theres no chance of either the post or the shim cold galling to one another or the frame.

As mentioned above, some ti frames are shimed anyway. If it is, just get a thin metal rod and bend the end into a bit of a hook, slide it down the tube untill it clicks on the end of the shim. Once you know the length you may actually find that the standard USE shim is longer than the frames integral shim ;)

WD :D

Thanks for the info, I think I shall be using a shim with the click on post.

Rather liking how this build is looking in my head.

CRC seem to have the best stock of USE shims, if you're having trouble shim size wise then if your post is 25.4 then one of their 25mm shims to whatever you need -0.4mm will work fine.

gtRTSdh":20dyk0ln said:
CRC seem to have the best stock of USE shims, if you're having trouble shim size wise then if your post is 25.4 then one of their 25mm shims to whatever you need -0.4mm will work fine.
When I couldn't get the right size from CRC, I was surprised to find that Winstanleys not only had one, but it was cheaper than CRC.

Back