Screw-On 8sp Blocks?

Try your good old fashioned bike shop. look for a board covered in sprockets in the workshop. That tells you that they knew what they were doing. Quite possible that they have an 8 speeder there . try Mastercraft in Herefors. They have such a board covered in old stock sprockets and I bet many traditional shops have.

I noticed a previous posting mention Zenith freewheels, does anybody use them? Given the limited choice in road ratios they look like a good bet, opinions anyone?

I bought about 20 8 speeds in 2000 when I sensed their demise.If you want one let me know-you wont be paying £50 for a used one -its larceny

I've got a couple of NOS Sachs Aris 8-speed freewheels going spare in 12-21 or thereabouts. I used these with Campag 8-speed for years with no problems on Hope and Mavic hubs.

I never had a problem with them bending axles but I was well under the 80kg weight threshold they put on stuff thesedays.

Polco":2dwn0jf1 said:
I noticed a previous posting mention Zenith freewheels, does anybody use them? Given the limited choice in road ratios they look like a good bet, opinions anyone?

Don't know much about them, had heard that they are made in the Far East by a firm that bought all of the old Sachs Maillard tooling from SRAM but this may not be definite.

David

Back