Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

A 'drum up', oh god, I'd hoped that tradition had finally snuffed it with the older CTC/RSF members. :facepalm:
Wayfarers, keeping the rose tinted fires burning into the 21st century.
I love old bikes but keeping old ideas as well is a bit too much for me. Enjoy yourselves ;)

What can be wrong with a cup in a nice spot while out on a bike ride? It's not as if you have to tie a goat to a tree and shag it before you're allowed sugar and milk?
Cyclists and walkers have been doing it for years and I hope that it will carry on.

velomaniac":2f4yug1j said:
A 'drum up', oh god, I'd hoped that tradition had finally snuffed it with the older CTC/RSF members. :facepalm:
I love old bikes but keeping old ideas as well is a bit too much for me. Enjoy yourselves ;)

I think it's a great idea.

Instead of folk sweating and grunting to keep pace with fast guy at the front who thinks he's going slow, everyone knows to be a certain spot at a particular time, so can make their own pace to get there on time.

So you can leave on your own schedule, ride at your own pace probably with other folk of the same ability and get there without stress. Then sit around, have a cuppa, shag the tethered goat (safe sex, both ends tethered), and whatever is next. But we could get an attractive ewe for people of differing taste... :)

But seriously, it's a very civilised way to do a run with people of widely different abilities. There's a lot who find excuse to not do runs because they are embarrassed at being slow. A drum-up is more inclusive.

Foxfan":340s4ub8 said:
It's not as if you have to tie a goat to a tree and shag it before you're allowed sugar and milk?

Why the fek not?! Are you in the Fun Police?

:xmas-big-grin:

They used to say "Women for procreation, boys for pleasure but goats for ecstasy" so you may have something there.

We are being herded off the subject.

Re:

Flock off.
sheep.gif

I'm off down to Balconie point on a Dave Yates ladies MTB built in 1983. 60cm frame. I would love to met her. Hip flask of Laphroaig and some chocolate. Hope to see the big cat again and a decent sunset.

velomaniac":2sajf4g7 said:

I don't see anything rose tinted about doing nice things in nice surroundings. How is anyone kidding themselves in that? It is what it is. Having a rest for a brew is a little more than a distraction, it is often the difference between a successful outing and a miserable retreat. Boosts morale, refreshes and gives even those not fit enough to chat much whilst active the chance to haver freely for a while.

Personally I would rather do that than plan my activities around getting to a pub or such en route for junk food.

Looks like a grand ride, and of course I never made it.

Ah, there is always next year, and hopefully the full fat version!

Back