Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

It's less than a month away. Is anybody still keen to do the ride? I am thinking of knocking it on the head and just riding the Little Bravo to Garve for lunch and back.

Ok, I will go ahead with the Little Bravo. We meet by the Pumphouse in Strathpeffer at 10.30 for an 11.00 start. Lunch is booked at the Garve Hotel at 1.00. Route is via Loch Kinellan and the forestry tracks to the east of Loch Garve.
Please ride an old bike and wear an item of tweed and/or tartan. We can all pose for a photo before we leave.

Just word of mouth locally and an email list. Hope to see you guys there. Let me know who is coming so I can give the Garve Hotel numbers for lunch. thanks.

You could have done it on the Flying Scot. The Gillots were on really skinny tyres - it's all in how you ride the bike. If you take it to the next one, I'll pull out my Flying Scot too.

BTW we're talking of forming a "Wayfarers" section of the Veteran Cycle Club up here. The basic idea is to do interesting rides on the sort of surfaces the older bikes were originally built for.

The old Rough Stuff boys were on skinny tyres. It just requires extra concentration to avoid the big stones. Slower speeds too. It's not about the speed but getting there.
Thinking of a ride from Fortrose along the Eathie road, then the dirt road to Navity and then a walk down to McFarquhars cave for a drum up and a dip if the weather permits. It might become a feature.. Date to be announced.

Back