Scott CybeR1

What an amazing trip and also all the relics from the winter Olympics.

There is something very strange about abandoned buildings that at one time had such life and vitality. I once visited a housing development site which was an old sea side fun fare. All the old rides and machines were still there, and you really could feel the atmosphere of the past.

All that aside, I marvel at you climbing ability, I now need to go and lie down just reading about such climbs.

Yep, I know what you mean and I get the same feeling when visiting such places.

It is hard not to feel the atmosphere and imagine yourself there back in the day - it's like some quasi time machine!

As for climbing :LOL: - just go out and ride more and you'll eventually get there!

Thanks.

cybernck":18n97ky8 said:
As for climbing :LOL: - just go out and ride more and you'll eventually get there!

That's what my son tells me. :mrgreen:

I shall get there in the end, it just takes a little time when your mind is 25 and your body is..... older. ;)

10/Sep/2013 - I went on a ride with B&H Youth Cycling Camp, endorsed by French ambassador in B&H, Roland Gilles,
and with a guest presence of his wife, Claudia Carceroni, multiple World Champion title winner.

cyber1_097.thumb.jpg
cyber1_100.thumb.jpg
cyber1_101.thumb.jpg

A few days later, we've had a promotion of our new club kit. Very bright design, compared to the old one.
Together with French ambassador Roland Gilles and his wife Claudia Carceroni, all of us in new BSK kit.

cyber1_102.thumb.jpg
cyber1_103.thumb.jpg
cyber1_104.thumb.jpg

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=7

22/Sep/2013 - National Road Championship of Republic of Srpska. The group was pretty much compact
until we hit the hills, where I immediately launched an attack, easily separated myself from all
the competitors and came in to a solo finish, my first one in the new BSK outfit.

cyber1_105.thumb.jpg
cyber1_106.thumb.jpg

cyber1_107.thumb.jpg
cyber1_108.thumb.jpg

However, the real prize was this :)

cyber1_109.thumb.jpg

The victory also meant extending the lead on Republic of Srpska National Championship "eternal list".
Nice way to end the season! :)

cyber1_110.thumb.jpg

6/Nov/2013 - At Sarajevo Grand Prix race presentation in Sarajevo, I've had an opportunity
to meet Christian Prudhomme, Tour de France general director. Sarajevo GP is an UCI 1.2
category race that will be held in the Sarajevo region on 22/Jun/2014, with official
support from Tour de France organisation - and I hope to take part in it (the race,
not the organisation :)).

cyber1_111.thumb.jpg

And finally, to end the season of 2013 in style, on 21/Dec/2013 we've had an season
summary & ending ceremony in Tuzla, where I was presented with the National Road
Championship Winner cup.

cyber1_112.thumb.jpg

In 2014, I finally got something I've always wanted - a sports video camera! My ideal choice
would have been Contour ROAM2, but in the end I bought this Chinese "Mini F9 Sport DVR",
at just above 1/3rd of ROAM2's price and with a selection of mounts included.

cyber1_113.thumb.jpg
cyber1_114.thumb.jpg

Here's an example of a handlebar mount. The camera does 1080P at 30 fps and 720P at 60 fps.
Video quality is OK, while 5 Mpx stills are rather useless. It's waterproof and the battery
lasts about 2 hours. I equipped it with a 32 GB Micro SD card for hours and hours of recording.

Another thing I've always wanted to have is a deep profile carbon wheelset. I jumped at
the opportunity and bought these Fulcrum Red Wind 50 mm Carbon Clinchers with alloy
braking surface, shod with Michelin Pro 3 Race tyres.

cyber1_115.thumb.jpg
cyber1_116.thumb.jpg

They look great (though I don't like the clash of the frame's UD matte finish and wheels'
glossy 3K finish), roll and accelerate very nicely. They are stiff, but not uncomfortable.
Quoted weight is 1755 g, but I suspect they are considerably heavier.

Just testing my new 50 mm F/1.4 lens on CybeR1 in an urban environment :).

cyber1_117.thumb.jpg
cyber1_118.thumb.jpg

cyber1_119.thumb.jpg
cyber1_120.thumb.jpg

Full-size photos: http://photos.cybernck.com/cyber1?page=8

Re:

Is the weight you quoted for the Falcrum's just the wheels?

1755g seems heavy, even for clincher carbon rims. I have some hand made clinchers on my Rourke which are under 1500g's and I also have some Dura-Ace 1384's which are a similar weight. I'll accept that neither are deep section carbon, but with my meagre power output figures, I don't need to be carrying any excess weight.

Back