Scammers Around - Beware

Matttymm

Gold Trader
Marin Fan
Feedback
View
Hello. Just wanted to let you know that scammers are around on the Wanted section.

Had a newbie response to my M950 Crankset Wanted add and put me in contact with a chap email Richardarmstrong75.com for a lead. That post is now deleted.

Richard didn’t have the cranks in the condition I was hoping for but had a nice rear derailleur that we agreed a price on.

Wanted F&F payment over PayPal. After explaining that that I wanted to pay goods, I accepted that I would pay the a small nominal fee via F&F to cover postage and the rest on delivery. After all, who scams £15 ?

Well Richard Armstrong does. Must work out less than minimum wage so figured he needed it more than me.

Bottom line - be careful even on small values.

Last edited:
Hello. Just wanted to let you know that scammers are around on the Wanted section.

Had a newbie response to my M950 Crankset Wanted add and put my in contact with a chap email Richardarmstrong75.com for a lead. That post is now deleted.

Richard didn’t have the cranks but had a nice rear derailleur that we agreed a price on.

Wanted F&F payment over PayPal. After explaining that that I wanted to pay goods, I accepted that I would pay the a small nominal fee via F&F to cover postage and the rest on delivery. After all, who scams £15 ?

Well Richard Armstrong does. Must work out less than minimum wage so figured he needed it more than me.

Bottom line - be careful even on small values.
Had the same chap contact me regarding a wanted Cadex. Sorry he stung you.

Always are -

Yeah. It’s my fault and many of the things to watch out for are there;

Newbie accounts
PayPal F&F
PayPal not matching email address

There are some people who don’t like using PayPal goods as their money gets locked down.

I figured the “I’ll trust you, if you trust me” concept of £15 up front F&F and balance on delivery was fair to both parties. After all £15 is not a life changing amount.

It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have done it, with hindsight. Just don’t want others to fall into it.

Always are -

Hopefully there is a record of the newbie account that made the original offer - that’s since be deleted.

Back