SBike 506

Retro Spud":1tc08amc said:
mk one":1tc08amc said:
Only just found this thread, great project and looking forward to seeing the full bike :cool:

Me too (on both points)

What on Earth are you going to do with a Lotus and a Porsche Gulf ? - perhaps take them for weekend away in Leicestershire around mid June ? :LOL:

Maybe :LOL:

Re:

Bit of progress on the cockpit after a few last parts powder-coated.

49004752983_b05a5959f1_c.jpg

Re:

Well finally managed to modify the canti springs so they both have even pull, so cabled up the rear.
Looks a bit like spaghetti junction but I kind of like it's inelegance :D

49229525498_28b5f16606_c.jpg

Just had a read through.... better late than never I suppose... I like that rear cabling..

Re:

Right then,
Christmas is over and if I am going to have a choice of things to ride at Mayhem I'd better get cracking...

So saddle wise...Well Boy "O" Boy really came up trumps with a Karma uncovered Flite saddle....

Popped it into the dishwasher to soften up the old glue residue and ended up like this..

49369580312_4459205557_c.jpg

Glued on a thin layer of padding.....

49369580317_b675752255_c.jpg

And offered up the leatherette.....

49368907903_470b8a512e_c.jpg

The blue is a little vivid compared to the more subtle powder blue of the frame. I don't know if this a good thing or a bad thing. I have struggled to find leatherette in a powder blue without a very large grain pattern and a low GSM...What do you think...too bright or should I keep looking for a less vivid blue??

I think the blue would clash and possibly also be just that one more thing in blue too much. :shock:

The various details of the bike in orange all work well, so why not use orange on the saddle?

Re:

I was going for the gulf orange stripe down the middle with the blue on the sides. The saddle rail clamp is orange so I want to alternate the colours. I can understand your concern of overdoing the blue though

Re: Re:

yakboy":3q83cm7w said:
I was going for the gulf orange stripe down the middle with the blue on the sides.

Now that's something I approve of.... crack on :D

Back