Saracen Kili Flyer + Conquest - 1986

crabbers

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys, my first time on here so be gentle with me!

This is my Kili Flyer. Had it since new in 1987 and got a deal on a Flyer and a Conquest (for my wife) - so I reckon they were 'last years' machines. This Flyer has mainly toured (heavy camping) on the Greek Islands, Majorca, Malta and Northern Spain.

It is pretty well original except the pedals and the seat. I have still got the original pedals. It actually came with a twin rail B66 saddle (still got that too) but it became over stretched and I replaced it with this B67. Over the years I replaced outer cables in black but have just changed them back to the original red. Even the foam grips are the original ones. The mudguards are also original.

It's got a couple of scrapes from use and flying but otherwise is in fine fettle. Strangely I'm using it more now than ever for trail riding. I've still got my wifes Conquest which I use now. I'll post a picture of it when I find out how to do it.

Great forum by the way - and some great bikes.

Attachments

• K Flyer.jpg
    K Flyer.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 737
  • K Flyer 2.jpg
    K Flyer 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 729
  • K Flyer 3.jpg
    K Flyer 3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 731
Re: Saracen Kili Flyer - 1986

Welcome, you have a beautifull bike, love to see it without mudguards and with some skin walls.

Thanks. Yeah it came with the mudguards and with touring it made sense to leave them. The Conquest has the same mudguards but cut short at the back - makes it look a lot more aggressive and 'in keeping'.

There you go - sorry for the delay. This is my wifes Conquest - but I use it these days. Like the Kili Flyer it's very much original. Again it has seen a lot of heavy touring over the years. The only changes are again the pedals and the seat and seat post. The original B66 has been replaced with a B17. I actually use this on the road and with the road tyres on can hold its own with a bunch of 'roadies' at a reasonable pace. One or two small knocks from flying with the bike - but other than that she's fine.

Attachments

• CIMG6572.jpg
    CIMG6572.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 641
  • CIMG6573.jpg
    CIMG6573.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 637
  • CIMG6574.jpg
    CIMG6574.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 637
  • CIMG6575.jpg
    CIMG6575.jpg