Saracen Kili 97

konatime":4k92lbo4 said:
dendy":4k92lbo4 said:
It is quite obvious to me that there was a revision regarding the wishbone as can be seen in the brochure page:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=136663

This green kili comp is either a 98 or 99 going by the kit and it is as plain as day that the wishbone is beefier looking.

Good spot Dendy, never noticed that before, bizarre carry-on with Saracen...had a nos variant in a box from '99 and that was devoid of the revision/alteration. Please do shout up if you stumble across the S stamped fork tagged with Kili Team frame.

ill let you know if i do see any ;)

What are the sizes on these mate do you know?

Ie front mech band, seat clamp (if different), seatpost size?

And is that a 19" frame (didnt see you had written the size anywhere?)

Cool

Another beautiful old Saracen finds its home at Dendy Towers!

I reckon those V brakes need to go cos they are getting in the way of that sexy rear wish bone :LOL:

And... Do my eyes deceive me - or is there a fade in that (very cool) paint between two different shades?

Yes it's a 19" centre to top.

Front mech is 28.6 but an e-bracket type is in use at present and I believe the seat clamp is 28.6, although ill have to confirm this cos my 96 kili is a 30mm clamp. Also I think the seat post is a 27.2 but will need to confirm for sure

Re: Cool

hydorah":3d96yjjo said:
Another beautiful old Saracen finds its home at Dendy Towers!

I reckon those V brakes need to go cos they are getting in the way of that sexy rear wish bone :LOL:

And... Do my eyes deceive me - or is there a fade in that (very cool) paint between two different shades?

Cheers hydorah

Yes and some nice n sexy m950 vs to replace them ;)

Where it looks like fade is in fact the light hitting the frame. The metallic effect gives off a lovely golden sun kissed look.

I have one in the orange/red and got it from a shop called cycleshopsmart.com a while back as they were clearing out these frames as NOS at £69 IIRC. Mines not getting used right now but will have something for it at some point although not entirely sure whether to put decals on or not, might have some printed just so I have that option. Where are you getting yours done?

Have you had a spin-out on it Dendi...'thoughts..i'm all ears'.

Lost the front end on mine the other night switching lanes across an intersection with damp tyres on metal metro lines (doing 23mph-no helmet-johny Rocko). It was face plant time with two birds stood opposite at the bus stop, me left arm somehow dragged/whipped the bars back-up and i felt the frame snap back into it's more recognised straight format...riding off like cool hand luke i remembered why i'd bought it.

We've purchased another pair of frames (:cool: since i last spoke to ya, there cheap for what they give back .
CIMG8494.jpg

CIMG3730.jpg

Back