Saracen City Bike 1985 - now with finished pictures

Re: Saracen City Bike 1985

The bike looks great, looks so much better with the new stem.

What's the crankset?

By the way I liked the pun picture!

Thanks for the positive comment guys

the crank is a Sakae SX taken from this Ridgeback (knew it would come in handy for something)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=254006

Obvioulsy kept the beautiful Nervar double, with 165mm crank arms, and matching Nervar 129mm BB axel. For that matter I have all the original parts, including the modded "giraffe" stem, plus the rack and guards, and the beautiful (but waaaaay too short) fluted seat pole, so can always return her to her old self in the future

I will keep half an eye for an exact replacement for the Sakae MTS 100 stem - but the only ones i have seen so far are in the States and for silly money, so happy enough with the slightly later version she wears currently.

A neglected Dawes ranger seems the best option to find one (a stem) cheap in the UK. Same for some Sakae pedals.

The pedals on there at the moment are obvioulsy late 80s/early nineties so would love to get something a bit more mid 80s - but not at any price.

Right so took a few pictures tonight, before taking the Saracen for a nice little ride along the local disused railway line and bridleways.

Proper hooligan bike this. It's well 'ard. Just couldn't help myself when the train line met the path - balls to the ramp, and straight down the steps - not done that since, well probably, 1985 on my Burner!

Attachments

• sari 7.jpg
    sari 7.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 593
  • sari 6.jpg
    sari 6.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 594
  • sari 5.jpg
    sari 5.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 594
  • sari 4.jpg
    sari 4.jpg