Santa Cruz Gurus 2001/2 Bullit with 6inch fork (colour too)

Re: Santa Cruz Gurus 2001/2 Bullit with 6inch fork (colour t

The original 66's are super long but are brilliant. I've had two sets (a new pair and a second hand pair) and both were ace. They were the smoothest forks ever and took a beating. Downsides are that the are mega long even in 150mm travel and are quite chunky.

I run 7" boxxers on mine with no issues

I also have a 220mm rear shock that you can for by removing the shuttle - I find this keep the bb at the right height and makes it corner on rails....

Just been doing further reading specially at that older thread Liam posted. A lot of bikes in there on normal SC forks including z150 which are virtually same height, so it's a goer! Not a lot in it then, I'd presumed that I needed much longer, this will work perfect for me, even though my mate won't be happy, he ran it with massive DC Shivers, and 24x3 tyres! Can't believe I bought it as I didn't like that set up on test ride.
He does have some modern modified 66's I can borrow if required.

So just need a colour that works with Orange, orange would be nice, chance of a colour match? Chance of a clash?! :facepalm:

Thanks for all your help BTW. :D

Sid blue would look good with orange or white.

Or I'll buy them and you have the 66's!

Going full circle and fancying stealthy black again! Hmm went through a battleship grey phase when I got it too. Will have to find that mock up...

Boxxer do you have a thread for yours or a pic?

No thread but a few pics here and there

I've been through a few iterations too... I'll see if I can put a thread up at some point as it'll be a rider again soon

Great. :)
Well soon I will bump my own cob webbed thread. I have new forks for Bfe so Bull it can have its z1's back for a bit. So will look at strip and powder coat soon. Cheers

So my BFe will have to wait for its forks then?

Maybe! Haha. Watch this space though lots of rebuilding and swapping going on here. Expect several threads...

Back