1996 Santa Cruz Heckler / kooka, syncros, chris king, etc.

wooly pluto

Retro Guru
Hi,

up fr sale is my sweet Santa Cruz Heckler (believed 1996, more or less 1996/97 correct) I have built some two years ago. Frame is in good condition, however all of you looking for the show paint quality may be dissapointed as I have painted it by myself. Rear end is powder coated and the job quality is as good as the front end ;-) A real must have bike for all Santa skateboards and screaming hand enthusiasts.
Here is the list, what she is made of:
Frame: Santa Cruz Heckler (100mm rear wheel travel) with new bearings.
Fork: Marzocchi Bomber Z1 1996 - this is the early Z1 with twin disc brake mounts (non IS standard, that's why there is a custom made adapter matching it with IS standard caliper - works well)
Rear shock: here is the choice. Heckler needs 200mm shock. Here you can see 190mm FOX Vanilla RX which works cool. I have a 200mm RockShox if you want to be 100% correct, but it would definitely need service.
BB: Shimano UN91
Crankset: Kooka with Amazing Toys rock ring
Rear mech: XTR 950 inverse spring
Front mech: Deore LX - nothing worth to mention about in fact
Front wheel: Hope BigUn (32h) with Mavic 117 ceramic rim. Rim has some ceramic missing, so must be used with disc brakes (or no brakes at all) only.
Rear wheel: Chris King classic (32h) with Syncros BigBox rim. This wheel needs a proper build (some new spokes)
Front brake: Hope M4 with 185mm hope rotor (matching BigUn) and steel hose.
Rear brake: Magura HS Tomac Edition (1995) with CNC booster and steel hose.
Seatpost collar: Salsa Liplock in red.
Headset: Chris King NoThread Set 1 1/8
Stem: Thomson Elite in silver (90mm).
Bar: Syncros Heat Treated or Salsa ProMoto (carbon) - one to chose from.
Seatpost: Thomson Elite in silver (26.8mm) (matching the stem)
Tyres: IRC Claw Comp in as new condition

If you wish to have some other setup - let's talk. I have ridden this bike for two summers and it is a great all rounder. It is preety short and handles great.
Great opportunity to have your own Santa for long before christmas!

Price: 750 GBP (expected) plus shipping costs. Shipping to EU countries should be no more than 60 GBP (to be confirmed).

I case of any questions - feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Martin / wooly pluto

Attachments

• IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 792
  • IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0814.JPG
    IMG_0814.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 791