Santa Cruz Chameleon Help!

Re:

Did I once read on here that someone in these parts can supply good decal kits for a Chameleon?! :?

Rather than start a new thread, what size bottom bracket and axle do these take and indeed seatpost size? At a quess my frame is possibly a late v brake model with welded disc brake tab.

Many thanks

Re:

Hey there TSP i notice you are either selling or planning to go with V Brakes. What would be the chance of purchasing the rear disc mount adapter off you for my chammy??

Bullpup":zqgen4of said:
Rather than start a new thread, what size bottom bracket and axle do these take and indeed seatpost size? At a quess my frame is possibly a late v brake model with welded disc brake tab.

Many thanks

Without checking mine, pretty sure it's a 68mm BB shell, 135mm QR rear end and the posts on early frames were 27.2mm and 30.9mm on later ones (I had a later frame too with a fixed disc mount and that was a 30.9mm post).

Re: Re:

TSP":2y4maudy said:
Avmadness, let me have a think about it mate :)

Hes, TSP
Please do give the adadpter some real thought. I was lucky to be able to track down the man I foolishly
sold it to as a young un. I managed to get him on my side saying it was my first ever jump bike and that I'd love to get it back and do a proffeccienal rebuild to bring its back to it's orrigianl glory....but with a few discrete mod cons. This adapter you and are not going to use is the final piece in the jigsaw before i can get it shotblased and powder quoted. The Chamaleon has litterally been under a cover in his shed for 12 years until I asked about it...TLC needed and can't wait to start on it and get my baby back!!

I've just been looking on line at other Chameleons and I've noticed that the frame from new would have had a non drive side insert that fitted in the drop out.

Do I need this if I'm running single speed? I've got a Deore hub with spacers to use on the bike.

So I wont need the derailleur hanger and also I'm not using the disc hanger as I'm using V brakes... So can I just slot the wheel into the drop outs without too much of an issue?

Thanks for the help, if you can understand my ramblings :facepalm: :LOL:

Back