Salsa El-Mariachi Titanium

Re: 2014 SS El Mariachi Ti.

..used to be 33/17 but starting to feel that's a bit too big for my "pootling" so trying 33/20 over the winter months in the slop

whatever you feel happy with...sometime I even use gears ! ;~)

Re: 2014 SS El Mariachi Ti.

Very nice - prefer the all over raw titanium colour. But it's a great build! :xmas-cool:

Re: Well it tis my birthday!

Time to update the thread I guess. Not changed anything on the bike except the saddle, which is now a Charge Scoop. Still loving it. Both looking at it and riding it. :mrgreen:

Some more pics.

IMGP0757_zpsb561fe92.jpg

IMGP0759_zps6a4832cd.jpg

Re:

All looks good, not sure about the 'Yes' sticker though! :D ;)

B1CCACCD-1F12-4E06-84C4-B0F8852FBCE5_zpsh0h063c8.jpg

I have this Salsa Selma Ti waiting for a build - same as the El Mar just without gear cable guides - SS specific, but can add front and rear mechs using zip ties for gear cables if required! :cool:

Re: Re:

Cheers guys. :cool:

neebsta":2su7pa0u said:
I have this Salsa Selma Ti waiting for a build - same as the El Mar just without gear cable guides - SS specific, but can add front and rear mechs using zip ties for gear cables if required! :cool:

Lovely. Would maybe have got the Selma if they had done it in the 2014 model year but they didn't. Proper SS specific is :cool: . Though your photo looks like it has the mech hanger alternator dropout. If it were mine I would be changing to the SS specific one. The dangly bit really spoils the lines. Saw a build similar to mine on another site and the guy had left the gear hanger on. Why would you spend that much money on a sweet singlespeed build and skimp on the final £25 part that makes it look like you mean it?

Or maybe that's just my OCD talking! :facepalm: :LOL:

gmac123":2su7pa0u said:
looks great Barry, intriguing shed, what's the story / purpose?

Cheers Graham. The cabin was of course a plaything for the rich.

Ravensheugh Cabin historian":2su7pa0u said:
In 1960, the 12th Earl of Haddington arranged the construction in traditional Canadian style of a beach log cabin for his wife to remind her of her native Canada.
They spent many happy hours up above the sands of Ravensheugh relaxing and enjoying the timeless tranquility and beauty.

Nice wee spot for a rest break when there's no a wedding on.

Re: Re:

firedfromthecircus":23dwuutb said:
Cheers guys. :cool:

neebsta":23dwuutb said:

Lovely. Would maybe have got the Selma if they had done it in the 2014 model year but they didn't. Proper SS specific is :cool: . Though your photo looks like it has the mech hanger alternator dropout. If it were mine I would be changing to the SS specific one. The dangly bit really spoils the lines. Saw a build similar to mine on another site and the guy had left the gear hanger on. Why would you spend that much money on a sweet singlespeed build and skimp on the final £25 part that makes it look like you mean it?

Or maybe that's just my OCD talking! :facepalm: :LOL:

I have the single speed and gear hanger alternator plate already ;) Was going to build this up as a 1x9, hence the cassette on the rear wheel, but I'm undecided. I already have a SS steel 29er.

Back