Saddle with combo of Most comfort and light weight

Selle San Marco Regal? It's very similar shape to a Brooks B17 narrow. Alternatively the RegalE, which is very similar in shape, but has smaller rivets and weighs far less.

hamster":4n5hfpgk said:
Selle San Marco Regal? It's very similar shape to a Brooks B17 narrow. Alternatively the RegalE, which is very similar in shape, but has smaller rivets and weighs far less.
Thanks
I’ll take a look

I think the difference there is just in the covering.
The RegalE has also been listed as the Regal Evo.

The original Regal is also known as the 'Belgian Sofa' in pro-racing circles - you see a fair few on the cobbled spring classics races.
I have a couple of scruffy ones of you want to try one out for not much cash. Personally I would rather ride on a housebrick than a Flite - not my shape!

hamster":1yigi3lg said:
I think the difference there is just in the covering.
The RegalE has also been listed as the Regal Evo.

The original Regal is also known as the 'Belgian Sofa' in pro-racing circles - you see a fair few on the cobbled spring classics races.
I have a couple of scruffy ones of you want to try one out for not much cash. Personally I would rather ride on a housebrick than a Flite - not my shape!
Thanks for the info!
The scruffy ones - I’d be interested - does scruffy mean superficial ? And would comfort and feel be just the same as something nearly new?
PM me with details !
Any idea what the difference would be between the two Planet X ones ? And are they at a good price do you think?

BLB are selling a Regal Evo - very light weight, for £79 -

I’ve been pretty much put off of the Brooks because of the weight - so if a Regal/Evo gives me the same levels of comfort I’ll go for one of them
I’m familiar with Brooks B17 which I have on a Klein so pretty much would know what to compare to

Re:

I bought a Regal with the rhino effect leather from Amazon so I can try and if no good I can refund.
It seemed appropriate for an Italian saddle on an Italian bike

I’m looking forward to the Regal
If that doesn’t work out I’ll send it back and try the Brooks C17

Last edited:
The SSM Regal saddle arrived - I tried it and didn’t like it - immediately uncomfortable and painful

Back in the box and on the way back to Amazon

The hunt goes on - in thinking Brooks C13 - the C15/16 are far too heavy, especially after

Latest posts

Back