RS judy bonanza- just crowns, type II kits and ? part left

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Right, I've been buying Rock shox judy forks like they were going out of fashion, mainly to create a good set of forks for one of my builds. During this process, I've ended up with many spare forks, and after buying some spare parts from ringo and eBay, I now have a few full sets of perfectly working forks up for grabs, as well as new travel upgrade kits, old but repairable dampers, crowns etc. I need space and funds to complete a couple of builds, so here they are up for sale to help me achieve just that.
IMAG0047.jpg

Judy SLsSOLD
IMAG0048.jpg

Great condition, fitted with a brand new damper and neutral shaft, as well as springs. I had to slightly modify the legs, as the new damper used a wider bolt, but all I've done is carefully drill the existing hole to accommodate the new bolt size. Cosmetically great condition too, I have some decals to fit, though I can't seem to find these, but another set is on the way from jonrock. Steerer is 1 1/8, alloy, 200mm, sfn fitted.
Price: £80 posted (damper kit was >£30, decals £10 alone)

Judy xc (gold)SOLD
IMAG0049.jpg

Great cosmetic condition, work well too. Full set of working elastomers (all blue bar a red one at the bottom of the stack) as well as brand new type II springs fitted. Steerer is steel, 1 1/8, new old stock (though with some storage scratches) and 230mm threaded, with 180mm unthreaded so plenty long enough if you wanted to chop it down and use as an ahead.
Price: £45 posted

Sid/judy sl comboSOLD
IMAG0051.jpg

I answered a wanted advert and came to the rescue of someone who had snapped their forks, and sold the sl lowers (I thought I'd get another set, and wasn't using them), but remembered that I had a set of Sid lowers, practically new sitting around so built up the forks using these (they are actually lighter than the sl lowers iirc). Elastomers and type II springs internally that are working fine. Steerer is 180mm alloy, with sfn fitted, all bolts are ti, as they are from the judy sls.
Price: not sure how to price these, so say £70 posted

Judy xc (White)SOLD
IMAG0052.jpg

Function perfectly but are a little rough around the edges cosmetically. Internals are elastomer/type II springs which are all working well. One elastomer on each side is yellow, the rest blue. Yellow ones are not as easy to compress as the blues, bit the forks work well regardless of this. Steerer is steel, 190mm ahead, with an sfn fitted. Previous owner has been a bit of a numpty and fitted a new sfn without fully removing the old one, so it's still in there, and some particle (I now not what) are in-between them, so when you turn the forks upside down, you can hear it slide. If I had the tools, I'd remove the additional sfn, but I don't sadly.
Price: £35 posted (I think they cost me 30, but I've added elastomers as the ones it came with had gone solid and were turning to dust)

Spare judy steerer 1
IMAG0053.jpg

Came on some forks I bought for the brace (had an fsx one fitted which I needed). Has been painted black, but this will come off easily. Steerer is steel, 145mm, with 25mm threaded.
Price: 12 posted

Spare judy steerer 2SOLD
IMAG0058.jpg

Before laying my hands on a 1 inch steerer, I sourced this. It is a standard crown, with a shim and 1 inch steerer (someone had already done the work, I bought it as is). All that it needs is the steerer pressing in to the stem and hey presto, a threaded 1 inch judy steerer. Never had the need to get this done, but if someone wants to give this a go, it's yours for £5

Judy long travel kits x2 (nos)SOLD
IMAG0055.jpg

Bought but never used, they come with springs, dampers, and stickers stating long travel, which is 100mm. I've figured out that you can use the longer springs in the kit to replace the elastomer stack in a judy, which is what I intended to do, but I found some englund cartridges for my 'perfect' judys, so didn't end up opening either packet.
Price: £30 posted (cost me £32 plus postage from Spain each)

Judy type II spring kits (nos)
I've got a couple of these kits left over. Contains a couple of springs that you replace the top elastomers with (great if you have a few shot elastomers)
Price: £10 each

Judy fork bootsSOLD
IMAG0056.jpg

A spare set, can either be bought with a fork for an additional £2, or posted for £5

Odd damper cartridgesSOLD
IMAG0054.jpg

During my refurb, I end up with a few spare metal bodied cartridges left over. Not being adept at servicing these, I thought I'd offer them up to anyone who wants to give that exercise a go. I would have if needed, but I had enough working cartridges in the end (I think). Instructions are on retrobike somewhere.
Price: £5 each posted

Random rock shox internal part
IMAG0057.jpg

I've no idea what this is at all, as it came in a box of fork spares I bought. Any thoughts/ideas/confirmed usage welcomed, but if you need/want one of whatever it is, you can have this one. Possibly a judy tt modular rod?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockShox-...bikeparts_SR&hash=item25616956a8#ht_552wt_689

Price: £5 posted (unless it's worth millions of course;) )

I think that is about all I have for now, but rest assured, out of all of the above and more, I have end up with a couple of sets of judys I'm keeping, and a spare set of legs, in case I need them.

Any questions, fire away. Prices are either a reflection of what the forks cost me, or a rough estimation of the cost of the forks and any new parts fitted. I'm not out to make money out of retrobikers, thats what eBay is for ;)
If you do however think my prices are out, just let me know, I won't be offended by offers unless they are really silly. I may also be up for part ex/swappage but I'll need to have a think about what I need.

SOLD:
- Judy long travel kits: £30
- Judy Dh: £65

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Judy long travel kits x2 (nos)
Bought but never used, they come with springs, dampers, and stickers stating long travel, which is 100mm. I've figured out that you can use the longer springs in the kit to replace the elastomer stack in a judy, which is what I intended to do, but I found some englund cartridges for my 'perfect' judys, so didn't end up opening either packet.
Price: £30 posted (cost me £32 plus postage from Spain each)

Hi mate is this for XC judys and is it for one leg or 2 ?

Are the damper carts suitable for Judy xc if so Ill have one

DegsUk":3jlkr945 said:
Judy long travel kits x2 (nos)

Hi mate is this for XC judys and is it for one leg or 2 ?
Each kit contains the parts for both legs, though ive just opened a pack to read through the instructions and i think you need to use some of the existing parts in your forks (or the forks they were designed for). The pictures would show this, but effectively I think you could get away with using the long spring in one leg, and the short spring and 'spring spacer' in the other, as they look as though they add up to the same size. If you have some working elastomers (I saw your picture of dust) you could use the smaller spring and some of these to make up the length in the other leg?

Ian

paulvandermoolen":1b9gqed7 said:
Hello ian, do you have any firm springs? I'm a bit heavy and my judy has soft elastomers.

Greetz paul
H Paul, the long travel kits are actually firm springs (yellow). I may also have some firm pace springs, which will need shortening (a dremel works really well for this, did a set today) but work well inside a judy.

I should mention I could be happy to swap steerers around if needs be, but the sl steerers and the one fitted to the Sid lowers stay that way (the sls can't be swapped and the sl internals are in the Sid, as are the rest of the ti bolts). I'd only do this if it helped and not hindered the sale of all the forks.

Spare judy steerer
Came on some forks I bought for the brace (had an fsx one fitted which I needed). Has been painted black, but this will come off easily. Steerer is steel, 145mm, with 25mm threaded.

What size is this steerer 1 or 1 1/8?

Judy long travel kits x1 (nos)
Price: £30 posted

I will take one please Ian and a Cartridge too if its XC compatable

will have to root in the bin as I launched the surviving elastomers out :(
Degs

still looking for ahead steerer 220mm plus

Back