ronnie o'sullivan.

There's some amount of shite being taked about this. When he did it before (initially refused the final black) in Glasgow against King for £4k he gave that to charity. This one is a rolling jackpot that gets bigger each tournament if nobody does a 147, so the money is still there and will be more next time. He said once it's worthwhile he'll go for one.

He's not under any compulsion to produce 147s, he's not broken any rules. Yes he hams it up but why shouldn't he? When also ran footballers (and celebrity paedos) like Adam Johnson earn £60k a week £10k for the pinnacle of snooker isn't a lot of money.

The cynic in me might think he and Hearn cooked it up between them. He's the only player in the world who can get a 1st round match against a journeyman in a diddy tournament on the BBC homepage just next to the biggest story. The column inches and TV coverage is worth many multiples more than £10k.

I grew up a Hendry fan and initially didn't care for O'Sullivan. But the last ten years or so I've come to appreciate his talent and respect the fact that he basically is bigger than the game. It's a shame he's not won more Worlds, as he should be several ahead of Hendry now. When he eventually does chuck it snooker will be the loser. With 'personalities' like Robertson, Selby and Murphy next in line how could it not be?

The likes of glum faced Hendry wrecked snooker. He makes Steve Davis look interesting.

It is a game, but not a sport.

The footballer was implicated in activities with a 15 year old. I think the press should be a little more discerning with their reporting. Not a five year old.

I don't condone it, but I can fully understand how lines become blurred. If he was well aware of her age there is no excuse of course, but I had a girlfriend for months before finding out she was really a man. Can happen.

highlandsflyer":1nk7ataw said:
The likes of glum faced Hendry wrecked snooker. He makes Steve Davis look interesting.

It is a game, but not a sport.

The footballer was implicated in activities with a 15 year old. I think the press should be a little more discerning with their reporting. Not a five year old.

I don't condone it, but I can fully understand how lines become blurred. If he was well aware of her age there is no excuse of course, but I had a girlfriend for months before finding out she was really a man. Can happen.

he's already pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child and one charge of grooming.

highlandsflyer":3kz70hze said:
The footballer was implicated in activities with a 15 year old.
Yep, it's called paedophilia.

highlandsflyer":3kz70hze said:
I had a girlfriend for months before finding out she was really a man. Can happen.
I have so many questions, but I fear I won't comprehend the answers. :)

As ever football has it right.

**** off Adam Johnson,
He's going down for noncing,
He's a peadophile, he's a peadophile...

Re:

It is a complex area of law. One minute a 14 year old is an adult, then a twelve year old. Next anyone under 18 is considered a child.

Would anyone be bothered if he was a 17 year old footballer?

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":2f69erdn said:
It is a complex area of law.
It's really not. If you're an adult man shagging birds under 16 you're a paedo.

I think there's a defence available up to a certain age for teenagers as they're closer in age but it's a bit flaky if you ask me.

If he ends up in the jail he's not going to enjoy it. And I do wonder why his girlfriend stays with the £60k a week nonce.

Re:

I had a gf who was initially 15 years and 11 months when I was 20; so I guess I am a 'paedo' by your reckoning.

We are still best mates, and she was very much the adult in the relationship. Her parents holiday with us to this day, they knew the score.

Complex issue; it seems this footballer was exerting undue influence though.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":392mss3u said:
I had a gf who was initially 15 years and 11 months when I was 20; so I guess I am a 'paedo' by your reckoning.
Only if you couldn't wait four weeks to pump her.

Back