Frack not another Raleigh

bagpuss

rBotM Winner
Up at a mates today who has a workshop most can 🥫 only dream of.
We wander about and around his numerous sheds ending up in the tat room . He has a number of bike shaped objects within . In a distant corner is an an old Raleigh Arena !!!
Someone had given him this object some months earlier .
For the next 15 minutes he tries to flogg it me .
What he fails to realise he is flogging a dead 🐴.
So I now own another nail .
£25 of useful bits cost to me frack all .
A bit of dickering followed.
I end with a Arena ,6 scaffolding planks [short] ones for a display case I am making Home made cake and a brew .
A reasonable front wheel and tyre is going to him and £ 10 for an inner tube .
You have to dicker hard with someone from farming stock .

He tried to sell you the Raleigh Arena, but he realised he was flogging a dead horse? You now own another 'nail'?? Does that mean you bought it?

'Dickering' followed - I thought that meant negotiating, but you said that followed the £25 purchase? Or was it "frack all" (assume means zero)?

You end with the Arena (so, you did get it), but who got scaffolding, cake and 'Brew' (beer? tea?) I have no idea.

Tell us, what did you get the Raleigh for?!!

He tried to sell you the Raleigh Arena, but he realised he was flogging a dead horse? You now own another 'nail'?? Does that mean you bought it?

'Dickering' followed - I thought that meant negotiating, but you said that followed the £25 purchase? Or was it "frack all" (assume means zero)?

You end with the Arena (so, you did get it), but who got scaffolding, cake and 'Brew' (beer? tea?) I have no idea.

Tell us, what did you get the Raleigh for?!!
You have the basic idea 😂 @bagpuss please translate :)

In A word it cost me Bu&&er all .
Ney .No Horse involved .
Scaffolding Planks . Cake included .
See here .

Brew up .Forces slang for tea .

Swapped the planks for a front wheel .
Sold him 3 inner tubes . used .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back