Rocky Mountain Winner?

RaceFace was earlier in 1991 when he set it up (Rocky was 1981), all sold in 1997 when a lot of bike companies sold up.
Syncros was set up by people who worked at RM, as was Kona etc...
I thought the same, that RF bike components was earlier, but I checked the information in one article of the pros closet and said 1996 ... https://www.theproscloset.com/blogs/news/rocky-mountain-bikes

I have edit post and changed to 1996. If you have other link to re chheck it I woul like to know and correct the date. 👍

I had a Syncros equipped Cirrus BITD with the Powerlite forks, wish I had that fork now. Picked up a '91 Stratos yesterday with the Cattleprod still on.

I thought the same, that RF bike components was earlier, but I checked the information in one article of the pros closet and said 1996 ... https://www.theproscloset.com/blogs/news/rocky-mountain-bikes

I have edit post and changed to 1996. If you have other link to re chheck it I woul like to know and correct the date. 👍
For a start catalogues from raceface,. We have at least the 1994 & 1995 in the Archive& Gallery , Magazines..

Or here in the 93 Rocky catalogue... Snippet

Or Grayson Bain some years back in JusTea business land... Screenshot_20221120_174608_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

Or go ask Grayson Bain on LinkedIn or pop I to his YouTube channel with his most recent business adventure/advice and he talks about some of his background in RM bikes and JusTea

He also set up Wheeltech at the same time, which are the wheels you find fitted to RockMountain bikes from that time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120_174350_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120_174350_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 8
By that time he'd just running and marketing it. The proper people would have been designing and making them, well outsourced to make the frame.
Doubt many made, I think only 150 Ti-Bolt where made, so probably less Titaniums.at a guess.

Anyway Hverschuren get a very large RM and enjoy :)

For a start catalogues from raceface,. We have at least the 1994 & 1995 in the Archive& Gallery , Magazines..

Or here in the 93 Rocky catalogue... Snippet

Or Grayson Bain some years back in JusTea business land... View attachment 681742

Or go ask Grayson Bain on LinkedIn or pop I to his YouTube channel with his most recent business adventure/advice and he talks about some of his background in RM bikes and JusTea

He also set up Wheeltech at the same time, which are the wheels you find fitted to RockMountain bikes from that time.
That is a better source than mine 😅

I remember early RF components, but as it was long time ago, I have searched and find 1996. I don´t know what that date means and why in pros closet article is that date.

But yes, I remember very cool stuff from the early 90s, and still is my favorite brand even in carbon fibre.

With this histories, Hverschuren probably is making a better idea about Rocky Mountain and why still we love it .

Last edited:
One thing, the Winner - Rocky Mountain frame (or whatever it is) is decent quality, you wouldn't get that seat tube in a bottom end frame and probably not most midrange frames.

On my sample of 1 Rocky Mountain owned I can confirm it had cracked and been welded on the chainstay.

Back