Rocky Mountain - Fusion 1992

Out for it's second ride now.
Ok so I forgot a few things (like tighten the headset and sort it's stiffness out) and I had to pinch a rear q/r off a wheel I was truing as not sure where the proper one had gone :s

But went out as my winter hack, smaller than my other bikes so good fun in the snow luckily.

EDIT more usabel picture size, click on them for larger image, they do look better.

ohh I can see a cable I need to chop :oops:

thanks for letting me have a go today - rides great.

that first picture is great ben. have you editted it?

First of the new pictures, haven't edited either of them. (other than let them shrink dimensions on the upload )

Second could do with brightening, but well it was actually like that at the time.

It's a superb-looking bike Ben, but I have to say I don't like the big ring. I don't think the colour harmonises and it's huuuuge compared to the middle.

Did you have as much snow on you as the bike did in that third shot? They obviously breed them tough up your way!

The big red ring 48, is what I used to run on the Altitude and well it's still working. I ran 24/36/48 with 11-28 at the rear. The middleburn profile makes it look larger and the 24 ninja has now been replaced by a 26 (the original XTR on I found in my box)
I do have a NOS bagged 46t XTR for this. But well seems a shame to use it ;)

I did build this bike back up out of remnants and it's small size, 18.5" STT (i.e with their 17" top tube length) makes it good for winter snow ride.

Of course Rocky's crappiest bike for that year. Stock with DX/LX mix.

Need to get a spec up and needs a period stem on it and also need to sort the headset out and blend in the spacers.

The long travel forks does bring the front end up and make.

Yes there was that much snow on me :) I had another hour or so riding in the snow after that. 3rd picture was shortly after the 4th picture. A few mins after getting off the bridge.

There was more on the bike by the end, didn't affect riding though . Onza Rip/Rails worked well. Couldn't get it off so had to go away with it on, that and if I chucked a bucket of water over it, then I would have ice on it in the morning anyway :LOL:

nice

nice bike, i have a 1995/6 fusion.
its being ridden 6 days a week and this year harder than ever. its not broken, rusted etc. the paint is till good and everything is all good.

not sure when it will break; rode it downhill at 32 mph on sunday.

Well this is from new. So 18 years old, almost certainly bought at the end of 1992 as it'd have been cheaper :eek:. But I cannot remember, must ask my old man.
More than likely from FreeTown sports, them being the Rocky/Kona/Orange/... dealers at the time (still are I think)
It was my brothers bike, I swapped my bought from a 'cash converters' Orange Clockwork XC Comp MD with some silver pace forks on for this (frame/forks swap).
This is a nicer bike.

Was never fond of this colour, but I've grown to like it. I think it's the green decals that put me off the look.

Back