Rocky Mountain Blizzard '96 anniversary (finished, kinda)

Re: Rocky Mountain Blizzard '96 anniversary (finished, kinda

zonoskar":1enhnvl5 said:
Yes, like that. And I need bar ends too.

I'd suggest Syncros steer horns or Race Face Ti Bar Ends (I have the race face Ti ones for sale if you want to go that route but I think the steer horns would look better)

I also think the syncros steerhorns would look better. Today was a nice day, so I took the bike out for some real glamour shots.

Last edited:

Very nice! how did you get it to stand up on it's own?

Put the camera on a tripod, set the self timer for 10 sec, pre-focus where the bike is going to be, then sprint to the bike and hold it in place at the right spot and let go mere moments before shutter opens. Make sure your hand and also your shadow is out of the picture! When the shutter is closed again, grab the bike again to prevent it from falling over.

Or..... just use a stick to hold the bike up and use Photoshop's clone brush to erase it afterwards :) :)

To get some definition in the white part of the frame, I used the HDR technique to capture the image.

Wouldn't it have been easier to use a remote trigger for the camera as opposed to a timer? :)

Found a nice handle bar. It's a Kalloy carbon, but I cannot seem to find any info on it.

I know early carbon handlebars were not very safe. Should I be careful riding this thing, or should I be ok?

Last edited:
Last sunday was a good day to spend on the Blizzard. I found some Onza bar-ends so I put them on. I think the bike is complete now. Just a bit muddy though.

p5pb23950895.jpg

p5pb23950897.jpg

Last edited:
Back