Rocky Mountain - Altitude 1991 - Up and running and changing still...

Always think of Alison Sydor(in Kahlua colours) when I see one of these,really classy bike,do as above,do up n ride it.

Re: RM

haggis":o3yi8tzp said:
Hey Andy you've got 2 already, me first me first!

:LOL:
My 91 is a bit worst for wear ;)

A small but very appreciative community who really know the ride and quality of such frames. Best keep it that way. :)

Respray

A guy around the corner from me would strip, glass polish and re coat it for you for about £50 all in. They will do muliple colours too if you wanted? I would start with that then source some choice parts, depending how the old ones clean up?

I'd already scouted out the catalouges looking to see which version it is (I have a RM Fusion from a few years later with a Short Top Tube that i'll be doing up for my wife.)

It is '91 as they removed the front cable noodle to an uglier cable system and moved the front cable guides off the head tube and on to the top tube on the '92.
While it probably relieves cable strain moving them back it doesn't look as nice.

Most the bolts are titanium or alu so hope they come out ok.
I have the original stem still (it's on the Fusion), but don't like the look of it much, the old syncros seat post is missing in action somewhere but the top part dies. It's the version befor ehtey moved to the 'new' seat clamping design and old clamping bent easily.
It never had rigid forks. When I bought the fram it came with MAG20 (crown died) and it's had MAG21's ever since. It rides really nice when they are working.

Side note, I have Onza Ti pedals on it. I remember the SPD cleats would work with them (sort of). What can I use now ?

the granny ring is SR sakae. thats got potential to be a real nice build. keep the component parts to silver & black

That bike is way cool....gotta get it back on the road/dirt again.

Nowhere near enough Rocky Mountains on here (considering they would wipe the floor with most other stuff.... ;) :p )

scant":3l93z9t3 said:
the granny ring is SR sakae. thats got potential to be a real nice build. keep the component parts to silver & black

No way, some choice red works a treat on this colour way if you are careful. But make sure stem/post/bars are black. I am only thinking cranks/bolts/pulleys etc in red. ;)

Latest posts

Back