BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Wondering if anyone can give me some info on a SID RLT Ti as in the year(s) they were sold and if the lowers are interchangeable with other Rock Shox forks? It has white lowers with grey SID decals, disc only, 9mm QR. I was wondering if there any options I should consider, as the lower brake mount has broken off. Other than this (major) issue it seems to be in perfect working order, great cosmetic condition and is really light. Seems too good to scrap!

If they are the ones with the Sid logo at the bottom of each leg and an rs logo at the top, then they sound like they are the ones made from 2007 until around 2011/12 before things got all solo air and 27.5/29er.

I've fettled with many a set of these forks and know you can use reba lowers (though no Sid decals under clear coat like originals). You have to be a bit careful iirc as some lowers were designed for a specific amount of travel and bushings placed accordingly, this tends to be for more than 100mm of travel though from what I remember.

If you decide that you don't want to rebuild them, then I would put my hat in the ring for them as spares as I run a few sets of these on builds and it would be nice to have a few more spares for when they are needed.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Ian. I don’t have them to hand but here’s a couple of pics from my phone

AB6CFD97-EB33-4923-BAA5-A666B46B7623.jpeg 1F018C11-6ED2-4ABD-AB15-0E5E01658F0E.jpeg 4FC860D5-EA18-4FEA-951B-E9015A810840.jpeg

Thanks again Ian. I'll have a ponder and keep you posted

The next generation of these forks had black wiper seals and tended to be solo air only. Don't think that this changed the lowers much, I think I built a fork for my son using a CSU from your fork era and lowers from a newer Sid. Have been riding around center parcs on them all week so far (and long before as built a couple of years ago) with no issues.

Back