Roberts White Spider, FINISHED and first ride ! !

Re: Roberts White Spider

Seeing the photos in daylight - that is a lovely coloured frame. Great that you have heard from Keith. Can't wait to see it built :)

Re:

Thanks ;)

I do have history with Roberts. 20 years ago, I had a road frame built by him. Here it is,

IMG_0836 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_0835 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I built it up to do road racing on, with an Ultegra groupset.

IMG_0834 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Two months after finishing it, I got caught up in someone elses crash! :shock: Front half, toast! :facepalm: :evil:
So had another front half built, this time painted yellow, with white fade on the seat and downtubes. Then a rear dropout broke. :roll:
Replaced with a solid one. Can't remember what happened to it after that, but it must have been bad for me not to get it mended again.

This White Spider is pretty much the sme colour, but metallic rather than flambuoyant blue.

About to pull the trigger on a Pace steerer. Can someone tell me if they're tapered where the crown race sits? Don't look it in the picture. Don't want a loose one, obviously.

Thanks,

Mike

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Thanks Mike,

It is a 1", so I will need the one in the top link.

Mike

Re: Roberts White Spider

Amazing what a little sunlight can do. The colour and paint looks so much nicer in those pictures :cool:

Mark

Re:

The replacement steerer arrived this week, so I swapped it over and attached to the frame for a mock set up.

IMG_0849 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Has to have a bit of Dura-Ace, doesn't it?

IMG_0850 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Still waiting for the downtube decals. When they arrive, I'll lacquer them in before assembly.

Anyone got a spare pair of XT brake levers? I'm on the lookout!

Mike

Re:

I now have downtube decals, thanks Roly!

Now, looking from the side, are they central regarding the width of the tube, or slightly offset up from central, if you see what I mean?

Thanks

Mike

Back