Roberts White Spider, FINISHED and first ride ! !

Re:

Got to see my Great Britishness in not only daylight, but sunlight today! :cool:

So I took some photos. This seatpost is just to hold the frame!

IMG_0825 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Even had the roller, albeit in need of a polish up!

IMG_0826 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Forks could do with repainting, but not before I've ridden the bike! Not sure what size allen keys these take. 6mm is loose, but feels too small for7mm. Imperial allen key?

IMG_0827 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Lovely fillets and colour ! :cool:

IMG_0828 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Mike

Re:

Wonderful, and the colour looks superb.

If it was mine.... I'd have white Roberts decals, in the same font as the stem, and just apply them to the down tube. Plus the CR logo on the head tube and I'd kinda leave it there.

As they are American, those bolts will most likely be Imperial.

Re: Re:

NeilM":1x3caggn said:
Wonderful, and the colour looks superb.

If it was mine.... I'd have white Roberts decals, in the same font as the stem, and just apply them to the down tube. Plus the CR logo on the head tube and I'd kinda leave it there.

As they are American, those bolts will most likely be Imperial.

A man after my own heart, I was thinking just the same regarding decals. Although I do have Columbus emblem decals, I can't be certain as to the tubeset used. Maybe the Union Jack at the front of the top tube?

Waiting for an email from Keith regarding the forks. Yes, really!

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3uca1iij said:
Waiting for an email from Keith regarding the forks. Yes, really!

Mike
I saw his reply on facebook, and I think I heard the sound of your jaw hitting the floor.

Re:

Headtube badge just ordered. The 'Worlds' design.

I am surprised at just how approachable - albeit by social media - these pioneers of our sport/hobby, are.

Tom Ritchey was in Somerset recently at a frame buiders. Apparently, he was in the workshop gone 10pm! Then out for a group ride the day after. How cool is that ?!

Gary Fisher has also liked some of my photos on Instagram.

Would like to meet some of these folks sometime. Wouldn't know what to say if I did though!

Mike

Re:

The thought of Tom Ritchey being in a workshop under an hours drive from my house kinda blew my mind a little bit.

All those mtb pioneers are something extremely special.

Re: Roberts White Spider

xxnick1975":10g375vj said:
Get yer arses over to Fairfax, they're all still there

Maybe. But Keith Bontrager is in London right now.

I'd like to head over that way sometime though. Before it's too late.

Maybe Canada too.

One day

Mike

Back