Rear mech : m950
Shifter : Dura Ace 9-sp indexed
Stem : Salsa
Bars : WTB / Specialized RM2
Brakes : TRP RRL
Brakes : m900
Brake hanger : Paul
Seatpost : Paul
Saddle : Suede Turbo (may swap to spring brooks for the LoLs)
Tyres : Rene Herse/Compass 1.8’s
167E8A71-4033-47E1-9DF2-F51E4F7919A2.jpeg 090C31D2-DEF9-4CAA-948E-3A2E3F9EBA14.jpeg 310242D3-F1D1-44AC-91C5-9EC1F7165111.jpeg
Good shakedown ride last night, all worked ok, I think the stem could be 20mm longer, and so give a bit more reach/rise, but I can ride the drops as it stands. Like riding a bmx, feels small after 700c and larger frames. Seems really flexible, I’ll fit some racks and use this to take the kids out, maybe even with a followme trailer.
Taken a few years, but glad to have this together.
Cheers for everyone’s input.

So… final build for now:
Frame and Fork : Roberts Roughstuff
Wheels : Mavic 231cd on M900
Bottom bracket: Royce
Cranks: Deore xt M730
Chainrings : Middleburn
9-sp cassette
Front mech : m900
View attachment 649354View attachment 649355View attachment 649356
Good shakedown ride last night, all worked ok, I think the stem could be 20mm longer, and so give a bit more reach/rise, but I can ride the drops as it stands. Like riding a bmx, feels small after 700c and larger frames. Seems really flexible, I’ll fit some racks and use this to take the kids out, maybe even with a followme trailer.
Hey, what size is the BB for the Roughstuff? Iirc it's a screw in like a UN 55 but I can't remember the width and my bike's remote for a few weeks so I can't measure.

Big fan all things Renne Herse, even if those supple sidewalls on the Humptulips have given me more pinch flats in the past 6 months than I've ever encountered before in my life!

Maybe I'm doing something wrong tho. Like riding them?
Set them tubeless, on tubeless rims

Rh
Set them tubeless, on tubeless rims

Then they won’t fit.

Best part of the tire is that on an older, narrower rim and with tubes they measure about 2.08. Which means they fit in pretty much everything.

Tubeless will bring them back up the slower 2.3 stated size, and I’d struggle to fit than in the rear of most of my bikes.

Also, tubeless is a scam! ;)

Rene Herse tyres are amazing, got them on my Overburys, and they elevated an already comfortable ride to being something more akin to plush.

This is a lovely bike that I'd love to ride

Rh

Then they won’t fit.

Best part of the tire is that on an older, narrower rim and with tubes they measure about 2.08. Which means they fit in pretty much everything.

Tubeless will bring them back up the slower 2.3 stated size, and I’d struggle to fit than in the rear of most of my bikes.

Also, tubeless is a scam! ;)
Tubeless is a necessity once you ride in any semi desert area filled with cactus. You can´t even buy tubes where i live. It´s tubeless or find another sport.

I missed the questions here. Thanks for the comments and appreciation. I’ve not really ridden this enough though.
The bb shell is just a simple 68mm British thread.

Hey, what size is the BB for the Roughstuff? Iirc it's a screw in like a UN 55 but I can't remember the width and my bike's remote for a few weeks so I can't measure.
68mm British threaded. I’d say that’s probably correct for all Roberts. Custom though so you might find something odd!

Superb build. I've just purchased a mystery Roberts from Longun (top fella), and your build is very inspiring. I'm learning toward a Ronnie 'Crust' Romance build.
Exciting stuff.

So… final build for now:
Frame and Fork : Roberts Roughstuff
Wheels : Mavic 231cd on M900
Bottom bracket: Royce
Cranks: Deore xt M730
Chainrings : Middleburn
9-sp cassette
Front mech : m900
View attachment 649354View attachment 649355View attachment 649356
loooooking goooooood.... :cool:

Back