• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 586
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 586
Re: Re:

player":2axh7eq4 said:
Nick if that rocker doesn't work I am pretty sure I have an original you can have.

That's very kind, I have purchased the one Chris kindly pointed out, I think the bolt looks far too long, but will see what I can sort out

Thanks for the offer, will pm you if I get stuck!

Had a good chat with the seller when I picked this one up.

He wanted a DB, went to see Chas, got measured up etc, but at 16 stone, Chas advised him that the delicate DB frame would not stand up to his heft.

So this was build to a DB design but not from Max/753, and with a one piece wishbone to take his size.

Lovely work, I have to say, and actually I think the very thin max tubes can attract dings etc, so no bad thing this is that bit more robust.

Ultimately this has stood up well.

I guess it's Nivacrom

Ollie":2m59w7fz said:
What's the plan on this one then Nick? Stripdown and V's swapped for cantis or something else?

Once the Bb is out I will give it a nice polish up, touch in the paint chips, and remove the smiley stickers fully.

After that I think I will try a m735 build, 21 speed and see how that turns out.

Frame is actually a 1995 so should really be an m737/8 and/or m900/910. I do have a mixed bag that comes too just about a bikes worth of that stuff, but I think with the 1 inch head tube, the canti bridge etc, I can go a year or two earlier with the build.

Should be fun

That's a great project to have on the go. Should look great.

You're right about the max tubes attracting dings. I think the max top tube in particular. I know mine has sadly.

So new Bb tool turned up, and with my biggest spanner and a hammer I got the drive side out!

Non drive cup is not budging.

I don't want to hammer the sh17 out of it for fear of damaging the frame

Have tried the tool in the vice/turn the frame trick but again think I could damage the frame before it comes out

At least with the drive side out I can get some penetrant in there, or freeze spray or hair dryer ect, I could also probably cut it and or chisel it out

Will keep going!

Back