Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X emerges from the shed.....

A mate sent me this pic of me on my 1989 Kona Explosif, which I crashed and sadly bent the frame! But this also shows the first incarnation of my Pace forks, which I bought as RC30s and later upgraded to RC35s. It also has Magura Hydrostops, and the first big barrel gripshift with the thin cork wrapping that didnt work in the wet! I did like to try all the new kit back then.

Screenshot_20180321-171657 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

The PACE RC35s are back from a rebuild and on the bike, but I have an issue!
Where the brakes mount onto the forks I dont have the little disk with the hole in for the caliper spring peg thingy to go into. Can you buy them, or shall I just make them from a drilled shaped washer?

Anyway here's some pics of the forks and frame back together like they were in 92.

20180731_190533 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

Missing hole thingy
20180731_185453 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

Nearly there!

Might be worth putting a wanted ad out.... and hope someone’s got a trashed set to rob

Are you using V brake levers for canti’s ? Should offer you a bit extras leverage

Soggster":20tdxpzn said:
Where the brakes mount onto the forks I dont have the little disk with the hole in for the caliper spring peg thingy to go into. Can you buy them, or shall I just make them from a drilled shaped washer?

There are a few canti brakes that dont use the hole, Dia compe brakes for one ;)

mark

mkone":o6f6ijc6 said:
Soggster":o6f6ijc6 said:

There are a few canti brakes that dont use the hole, Dia compe brakes for one ;)

mark

Very true, I’be got a NOS silver set somewhere

Great to chat on Monday dude. Think a retro day at KORC is needed but get them brake things sorted first. I’ve drilled washer before and it works.

Back