Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X emerges from the shed.....

Re:

Great to see another one up and running. Recently restored mine although I took the route of modernising to 1 x 11 and V Brakes.

I was looking high and low for my dads old red KHS Descent because I knew it had my Pace RC35's on it, and nobody in the family could remeber where it went. It was traced to the back of my brothers ex-wifes shed. Luckily it had not been binned after it was lent to my nephew (who couldn't remeber it).

So, the forks are in a pretty bad way, and have been sent to Pace for a rebuild and service, and a different steerer etc. and then they will be put back on the DOGS. Hopefully they are not too far gone!

20180701_091846 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

20180701_094528 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

The collar and race had been Araldited in, you can see where it ran down the face of the crown! After a bit of patience it was removed, and then warmed up to seperate the two. Even though it looks a nightmare, an hour in brake cleaner, and a wire brushing and the collar came up ok. :)

20180701_094537 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

20180701_101213 by Andy Stokes, on Flickr

Re:

Superb! apart from being flat (they all do that sir!) thay look pretty good, those Khs were pretty good bikes too.

Provided there’s no corrosion on the legs those forks will come up fine

And with some metal polish like Solvol the metal will shine again
Mine had been abused for years (my me) and with some TLC look tidy on my F2 Pace

Re: Re:

MR OX":2c6f9896 said:
Superb! apart from being flat (they all do that sir!) thay look pretty good.

That is the most exteme case of sag I’ve seen, but easily sorted all the same :D

Re:

Just seen this, what a great story, and racing photos too!

Something of a miracle that you've managed to get the missing parts back, too!

Look forward to seeing another finished Roberts on the forum, being used! :cool:

Mike

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":14mg87b0 said:
MR OX":14mg87b0 said:
Superb! apart from being flat (they all do that sir!) thay look pretty good.

That is the most exteme case of sag I’ve seen, but easily sorted all the same :D

I think I can do better & they were complete forks :shock:

Attachments

• Latest 028.JPG
    Latest 028.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 216
Back