Roberts D.O.G.S.B.O.L.X 2012

Good looking bike you've built up , can't wait to see it in the flesh ;)
I know the RM you mean , I was almost tempted by a very racy looking red/yellow one on eBay a while ago .
Didn't know Roberts still used Colourtech though . From what I gather , they're as bad as Roberts customer service !
Have you used Enigma before ? I think they're in Kent aren't they ?
Pity you can't get it blasted and powder coated , due to the wall thickness :roll:

Absolutely stunning. One of the best modern / retro bikes I've seen.

Can you put up the full component list for the build? Trying to something similar on a slightly less wonderful frame :)

Thanks, I will add a full build list to the thread in the next couple of days.

@ Mike, Enigma are near Hailsham in east Sussex. From their website it looks like they know what they are doing regarding their new paint shop. It would be expensive for a respray there though. The current paint is ok, it will get a few battle scars which add to the character. I just don't want to put any dents in to the thin wall tubes!

I plan to use it at the first round of the Gorrick race series in a few weeks time.

Ok, so the current spec is as follows:

Roberts Dogs Bolx frame with Paragon Machine Works droputs, custom geometry. Home made Stainless chainsuck protector.
Syncros full carbon FL fork 440mm long
Syncros 110mm carbon covered FL stem
Syncros carbon seatpost
Flite titanium 1990 re-issue saddle
Home made headset cups and spacers using IS2 bearings
XTR M970 Brake levers, M960 calipers
XT 10 speed shifters
XT 11-36 tooth cassette
XT Front and rear derailleurs with clutch and KCNC jockey
Sram hollow pin chain
Easton EA70 car cut to 660mm width. Grab on mtn 2 foam grips
Mix of shimano and Aligator link cable housing with red coloured KCNC inner cable
SRAM XO carbon double chainset with 42 / 28 chainrings, Carbon-Ti red bolts and GXP bottom bracket.
Industry Nine Enduro Hubs and spokes with Stans 355 rims, home made skewers and Lefty hub axle conversion.
Hope floating disc rotors
Schwalbe 2.25 tubeless snakeskin tyres
Arundel Dave-O carbon bottle cages

Attachments

• 697-002 50per.jpg
    697-002 50per.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 355
The 42 / 28 double works really well with the 36 / 11 cassette for my riding. The 42 spins out a bit on the road bit other than that it's perfect. In a lot of xc races you only need to stay in the 42 tooth chainring for the whole race as the cassette has such a wide range, so less chance of missed shifts and chainsuck etc

Latest posts

Back