Roberts 531 DB frame and forks [56cm seat tube/55 cm TT]

Compare the dimensions between the bikes . If the top tube is the same length , then it probably means there is less seat post sticking out of the larger Roberts frame , and the bars may not go down as low as on your current bike , if they are right down to the headset .

I feel though on the present bike the saddle could be a bit higher....and i would need to change the stem...currently it is a Nitto tall stem....would be able to get away with a stem that is not so tall....so that might still work

You need to take a few measurements to compare the two . And write them down , as you will forget otherwise ! The seat height should be the same regardless of bike . Measure distance from floor up to bars on both bikes (I presume you're going to build the Roberts up basically to get an idea ). Then measure horizontally from seat post to bars to get an idea of the stretch , then from the nose of the saddle to the bars . You should get a good picture from these measurements how they compare . You can adjust the last measurement of course by sliding the saddle back or forward to compensate so the two bikes have the same reach from the saddle . Can you post a pic of current bike ?

That is going to be awkward...as i am going for the sale...and it is nicely wrapped in bubble wrap..so lets put that to one side....where else would you suggest i advertise the frame....LFGSS is drawing a blank....do you here will be any better...or should i go to ebay and inflate the price to cover the fees [14%]?

Out of curiosity , what is your other bike ?
Personally I would advertise it here first and bump it to the top of the shop for a while . What can you lose ? Time that's all

Mike Muz 67":2gtc07kw said:
Out of curiosity , what is your other bike ?
Personally I would advertise it here first and bump it to the top of the shop for a while . What can you lose ? Time that's all

It is a Columbia built in Worksop...Columbus SL..comfortable but tatty....chrome forks are fine....but i have seen an Alan super Record for good money....and a smaller Roberts 531DB also in ref for £265.

I will bung it on here tomorrow......no real rush....i am not going to go much lower....a bit but no more!...Mike...thanks for your advice.

Back